5 months ago
Systems Engineer I
Req #: 206397
Location: Fort Meade, MD US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI is looking for a highly motivated System's Engineer with a current TS/SCI with a lifestyle poly to join our team in Annapolis Junction, MD.
More About the Role:
The customer is looking for someone with operational experience. They are looking for someone that understand System Engineer jargon who is also familiar with the agency. The candidate should be familiar with the agency and be knowledgeable of the transitioning and decommissioning processes. You will also be taking meeting minutes, populating the wiki and share point sites, as well as setting up and scheduling skype meetings.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Seven (7) years experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
* Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc
* Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
* Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
* Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
* Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
* Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
* Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
* Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
* Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
* Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
* Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
* Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
* Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
* Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
* Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.