4 months ago
Systems Engineer, GPS Satellites
Job ID: 468509BR Date posted: Jan. 23, City: Littleton State: ColoradoProgram: GPS
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Join the team that is delivering Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites and providing precision navigation and timing to the world. In this Systems Engineer role, you will work with experienced Mission Integrators and perform system engineering for core aspects of GPS satellites with a focus on bus systems integration.
Your typical assignments may include:
• Identifying driving mission needs and requirements, generating and maintaining system performance predictions, and working with product teams to ensure a complete requirements, design, and analysis baseline for the system and its components
• Ensuring the product compliance with all program requirements—this includes defining and executing verification and validation (V&V) tasks, and generating/evaluating evidence; ensuring the test program achieves the intent of the V&V plan
• Supporting space vehicle test and launch base processing as well as supporting on-orbit operations post-launch
• Drafting, reviewing, and releasing trade studies, specifications, technical memos, and other products to support design reviews and contract work products
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or equivalent job experience in Mechanical Engineering
• Experience with multiple engineering disciplines or broad background in the physical sciences
• Systems engineering lifecycle experience, including major design reviews such as SRR, PDR, CDR
• Capable of summarizing analysis results, creating engineering documentation (reports and charts) and possess presentation skills
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Highly organized thinker, with the proven ability to decompose technical problems and work assignments into smaller executable steps
• Possess engineering, test, and operational experience with spacecraft hardware and software in one or more of the following areas: Mechanical Systems, Electrical Power Systems, Thermal Control Systems, Attitude Control Systems
• Performing technical trade studies
• Authoring, decomposing, and verifying requirements
• Active Secret or higher clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First