FPS Aviation are currently seeking systems engineers for a leading aerospace client in Scotland on a 3 months rolling contract.
Excellent rates on offer.
The role is to provide specialist systems engineering knowledge and expertise to meet customer or project requirements. It involves the understanding and application of the engineering principles associated with vehicle components, sub-systems and systems, and the integration of those into an overall vehicle design solution. It requires an ability to apply methodical and logical processes to analyse engineering information and data to derive conclusions and determine future actions.
This is a role which principally involves working on third party engineering projects for external customers, but which may also involve activities associated with product integrity and modification development on the Regional Aircraft fleet of products.
A key element of the job is an appreciation of the inter-relationship of the various engineering disciplines involved in aircraft/platform design, and the ability to work as an effective member of a multi-functional team using clear communication skills (both written and verbal).
Systems Engineers are responsible for carrying out the following activities:
– Establish vehicle system requirements from national regulations and/or customer requests
– Prepare conceptual design schemes for systems
– Prepare design specifications for equipment and systems, and technically assess the resulting vendor proposals
– Conduct performance analyses to assess suitability of component and system designs, using appropriate toolsets
– Work with relevant parts of the business, project, suppliers, regulatory authorities and customers to achieve the required deliverables
– Perform safety analyses to verify the integrity of the vehicle and its systems
– Examine the design of vehicle systems for compliance with regulatory requirements
– Compile test schedules and participate in vehicle system tests
– Prepare accurate technical reports and other documentation