about 1 month ago
Systems Engineer (CO, VA or FL) (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Aurora, CO US
TS/SCI with Polygraph
This position can be worked out of Sterling, VA; Aurora, CO OR Sarasota FL.
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will have the opportunity to work on a large, long term, program that we implement as small innovative teams. This arrangement will offer teammates the maximum opportunity for contribution, and exchange of solutions and technologies. The program collaboratively creates mission critical software applications for its users, whom we coordinate with heavily for design and development to ensure we bring the right product to make our users efficient and effective in the execution of their mission. You will support software design and provide iterative testing for development activities in support of new application development, use test driven and iterative methodologies, and work with teammates to maintain our team's record of on time and on schedule deliveries. This position offers the unique opportunity to join the team at the start of a major new project, providing the chance to guide the program through the full engineering lifecycle including requirements definition, system design, software development, integration and test, and delivery to our customer.
Systems Engineers are expected to have excellent technical expertise, to be highly self-directed and motivated, and collaborate respectfully with their teammates, always keeping user mission first. You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success. You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part. Our culture is one of sharing information amongst teammates and management team, and of team before self. How far you go in the organization is up to your goals and performance!
More About the Role:
You will participate in new development starting with requirements analysis and design. During the development phase provide a technical solution compliant with the design and interface definitions. Additionally, the systems engineer will provide support to integration, test, and deployment of the software baseline. Candidates must be self-motivated individuals who can understand technical concepts, have good communication skills, and able and willing to follow direction on technical items with the larger team. Candidates should be familiar with the good development and configuration management practices and have previous development experience.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and five + years of related experience.
* Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
* Solid understanding of system engineering in both development and an operational environment
* Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability; focus on customer service.
* Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem solving skills.
* Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall program.
* 2+ years of experience with the software development life cycle on government programs
* Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment
* Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight
* Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
* Participate in the completion of program & project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
* Familiarity with developing requirements, and documentation
* Familiarity with developing documentation
* Understanding of end-to-end test procedure development and software testing
* Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with relational, noSQL, and file based storage products
* Experience with configuration management processes and tools
* Security+ or CISSP certified
* Project Management Institute (PMI) certified
* Amazon Web Services (AWS) certified
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.