4 months ago
Job ID: 459410BR Date posted: Dec. 03, City: Huntsville State: AlabamaProgram: THAAD
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
THAAD Ground Systems Development (GSD) Systems Engineer reporting to the THAAD Fire Control and Communications (TFCC) Engagement Operations (EO) Lead for development of Concept of Operations, functional and algorithm design for Battlespace and Engagement Planning and Scheduling (EP&S) constraints.
As a , you will:
- Support systems engineering efforts for the GSD Battle Manager Simulation tool (BMSIM)
- Be responsible for algorithm prototyping within the TFCC EO suite of modeling and simulation tools
- Develop new analysis tools, conduct analysis for assessment of prototype design
- Generate Algorithm Description Documentation (ADD) of final design
- Support software development teams for formal software development and test activities
- Support program planning, and program execution status activities, and proposal development for new efforts
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Systems Engineering or related experience
- Algorithm development and/or analysis
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Past experience with missile defense or similar algorithm development and analysis
- Requirements and Verification
- DOORS Requirements Database
- Program planning, program execution, and proposal development
- Control Account Management
- MATLAB proficiency
- Experience in Missile Defense Concepts and Interoperability or Command and Control systems
- Ability to successfully interface with Lockheed Martin Senior Management, Customers, and members of U.S. Army Air Defense community at large
- Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First