3 months ago
Specific Job Description
The Lead System Engineer will be involved with delivering innovative solutions to challenging customer problems. You will assist with qualification and new design for our customer. You will engage directly with our customers to capture business requirements and help transform these through analysis and design into system solutions. You will assist in the creation of detailed designs that integrate with existing technologies. You will energise the team throughout the engineering lifecycle to ensure the successful and focused delivery of solutions which acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) provides systems engineering, software development, training solutions and complex program management for global security, civil and commercial markets. Simply stated, our mission is to be the world’s leading global security and aerospace company. To achieve this mission, RMS draws on its core capabilities in advanced platforms and weapons, C4ISR, global sustainment, training and sensors.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Proven experience in complex system design, integration and test, performance analysis, particularly in the commercial IT domain
* Requirements Definition
* Product Owner
* Business and Systems Analysis
* Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field.
* General knowledge of other related disciplines.
* Proven ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
* Proven ability to provide solutions which are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organisation objectives.
* Proven ability to deliver solutions to cost and schedule.
* Technical confidence in a customer facing/consultation role.
* Ability to investigate operational issues, diagnose cause of the defect and recommend appropriate corrective action.
* Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance, including problem identification and diagnosis
* Experience with Agile lifecycles and the Product Owner role
* Experience with Model Based Engineering such as UML and SysML
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience with Enterprise Architect (EA)
* Experience with Quality Centre
* Experience with JIRA
* Experience of modelling
Familiarity with any of the following:
* Windows (NT/2003/7/2008)
* UNIX OS
* Oracle Databases
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on