Are you an experienced requirements engineer or Systems Engineer looking for your next position? Do you have experience throughout the product lifecycle?
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to capture and convert user and stakeholder needs to a set of requirements that define the system throughout the product lifecycle, in accordance with legislation, human factors, and business needs to agreed quality standards within the capture/management tool.
As a Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated experience of systems engineering in a highly integrated, multi-process environment.
- Proven experience of executing requirements capture activities.
- Proven experience of interfacing with internal and external customers to negotiate, capture, and validate system requirements.
- Experience of RM & Configuration Management tools
- Experience in preparating specifications and other project documentation
As Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide support to the Requirements Capture Manager in negotiation of internal and external requirements and requirement conflicts.
- Develop requirements engineering procedures and the corresponding procedures for tool usage;
- Work with systems and other internal departments across the business to capture SMART and verifiable system requirements decomposed from the customer requirement set with the objective of maintaining commonality where possible.
- Capture complete and unambiguous system level requirements through an analytical, disciplined and rigorous approach within the requirements capture tool which trace to origins and avoid design definition.
- Peer check requirements (validation).
- Generate system requirements specifications in accordance with customer requirements, legislation, human factors and business needs.
- Support the configuration control aspect of change management across the business.
- Work with each IPT and Engineering domain to identify the requirement verification approach and facilitate the automated production of integration and verification plans, verification reports/matrices.
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.