4 months ago
Systems Engineer 3
L-3 ForceX is a cutting edge software company in Nashville, TN developing airborne mission-execution platforms, battlefield management systems, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) operations software for the Department of Defense (DoD). Our employee’s hard work directly helps to keep soldiers safe and save lives all around the world.
At ForceX you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the world every day and work on cutting edge technology in an environment that allows innovation to thrive. Our office would not be complete without our ping pong table, company bicycles, arcade games, corn hole boards and big screen TVs. We also have great benefits like the ability to wear jeans every day, flexible hours daily and every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and holidays, a free on-site gym, free lunch 3 days a week, continuing education and much more!
The role of a Systems Engineer at L3 ForceX will be responsible for evaluating complex technical issues and providing solutions. The systems engineer will develop designs for problems in numerous domains to include IMINT, SIGINT, HUMINT, COMINT, and for multiple aspects of a wide variety of problems in the ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) domain. The systems engineer is responsible for developing these solutions and for helping establish the “vision” of the product for the teams and customers. This includes development of schedules and milestones, interfacing with customers, managing and setting expectations for delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
* Incorporate/develop new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations and develop associated technical documentation and processes
* Provide engineering evaluations, analysis and documentation that contributes to Design Reviews, Peer Reviews and Technical Interchanges
* Support product development efforts under the guidance of engineering and project leadership
* Be self-directed as skills, subject material and scope allow
* Elicit highly technical requirements from stakeholders, and create and maintain technical documentation for contract delivery
* Serve as the primary technical point of contact for customer, user and other associated project team members
* Evaluate and determine technical approaches to support decisions for various programs
* Create plans documents, reports and presentations for program deliverables and leadership meetings
* Manage configuration control of interconnected systems including software, hardware and firmware
* Ensure compliance with US Government IT security regulations and requirements on any system design or changes and be able to direct / implement those requirements
* Travel to customer locations without supervision and provide onsite ISR mission system level support for US Government and DOD Prime contractor to ensure system performance and mission success
* Work with suppliers to determine the technical capabilities, delivery schedules and associated costs and document requirements in supplier statements of work
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
Must have a strong systems engineering background specifically with experience in leading and collaborating with a diverse background of organizations and teams to accomplish whole system solutions or changes.
* Ability to review and analyze high level technical needs, and through a structured and logical approach refine the need into an integrated set of requirements and implementation projects
* Experience with the application of systems engineering tools for requirements management, risk management and systems decommissioning and disposal activities
* Familiar with MOSA and DoDAF concepts and how to apply those concepts effectively to a project or program
* Experience working with project planning, requirements management and generation, and scheduling
* Ability to drive CDRL/SDRL items to completion and delivery
* A working understanding of configuration management practices
* Applicant should be a proficient communicator to all skill sets and levels of the organization, be able to respond effectively to changing situations, and be able to properly prioritize, status, and work multiple tasks.
* Demonstrated experience and or training in product development and associated development life cycle
* Understand impacts US Government Information Assurance and IT regulations on system design and changes
* Bachelors in Science in Systems Engineering, or a related engineering degree with seven years of combined experience engineering related operations and sustainment preferably for aircraft in the DoD domain
* Ability to hold and maintain a Secret or TS/SCI clearance
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
Familiar with electronics and communication protocols: RS-232, RS-422, RS-485
Experience with the DoD project lifecycle and the various events in the lifecycle including PDR, CDR, ATP, SRR, and TRR.
Familiar with Information Assurance controls and the effects that they have on program lifecycle
Proficiency with tools such as Microsoft Visio, SolidWorks, AutoCAD
Work Environment and Physical Demands :
Ability to travel up to 25%, with the possibility of OCONUS travel for program support
* Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays)
* Work performed in an office environment; customer facility; System Integration Laboratory (SIL); in ground vehicles or in secure facilities with/without environmental control; or on-site in aircraft parked in hangers and outside
* Ability to independently lift 25 lbs.
* Ability to climb ladders and crawl in small tight spaces
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
May 10, 2019, 11:38:30 AM
Email this job
To access this job from another device, Email this information to yourself.
Name should not be empty
Recipient’s email address
Email should not be empty
Please enter a valid Email
Email has been sent sucessfully
No locations found