6 months ago
Systems Electrical Engineer
Location : Location
# of Openings
3 weeks ago(7/26/2019 9:03 PM)
Year after year Kaman delivers technical breakthroughs and Innovative solutions. Do you have the skill and desire to be on the cutting edge of the Autonomy Aircraft industry?
Kaman Air Vehicles & MRO has an opportunity for a talented Sr. SYSTEMS ENGINEER to join our outstanding Engineering team for the new unmanned fully autonomous KMAX helicopter program.
The ideal candidate will be motivated to dig into challenges, possess a spectrum of aeronautical systems engineering skills, including Flight Control Systems design or Guidance/ Navigation & control (GNC), aircraft integration and system test.
Experience/familiarity in system tools: Matlab, Simulink, CONDUIT, aircraft schematics, flight testing and civil certification efforts are also highly desired.
The Engineering department at Kaman AVMRO includes individuals with diverse skill sets who are exposed not only to the design and analysis of systems, but also participate in the manufacturing, test, development, and certification processes.
We are continually looking for and readying the next generation of leaders at all levels, providing opportunities for career development and advancement.
What sets us apart is our people, as technology advances and industries shifts, Kaman will always be a place where people can come to work to make a difference and support the life they choose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include;
* Design and analysis of assigned systems.
* Prepare and review engineering documentation and statements of work (SOW).
* Evaluate and accept engineering documentation and participate in the validation and test of requirements and design.
* Handle classified documentation in accordance with industrial security guide and covering practices.
* Provide and maintain work documents and records that effect design, test evaluation and design alternatives.
* Perform other duties consistent with senior engineer’s ability and company requirements.
* Prepare written communication to senior management to define work status, schedule, scope, risk, problem areas, mitigation alternatives and pertinent information as requested.
* Work in teams to accomplish common goals and objectives as defined by Management.
* Communicate with subcontractors, suppliers and customers for data exchange; status discussion and resolution of engineering issues and activities.
* Participate in engineering and management reviews, working groups and related activities and completion of action items assigned.
* Liaison with external groups and organizations for the purpose of accomplishing assigned tasks.
* Areas of concentration may include the following areas of design: electrical systems and software.
* Ability to obtain/maintain security clearance, as required.
Education: Minimum requirements include a Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Experience: 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in engineering. Ideal candidate should possess a spectrum of systems engineering skills including Flight Control Systems Design or Guidance/Navigation & Control (GNC) and System Test. Also, experience/familiarity in systems tools: Matlab, Simulink and CONDUIT
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).