27 days ago
Systems Deputy Technical Lead Engineer (Missile Design) - Grand Prairie, TX
Job ID: 478909BR Date posted: Apr. 09, City: Grand Prairie State: TexasProgram: IAMD Emerging Programs/NKAD
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a Systems Engineer/Architect for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to provide system engineering design and analysis support for our emerging missiles. We are looking for energetic, skilled engineers, with a clearance, able to work independently, and lead small, empowered teams.
• Performs trade studies and analysis of a missile system at all levels, including seeker, missile level, and operational level.
• Using the results of this analysis/trades, shape the architecture of an emerging missile system.
• Lead a small team through all system engineering design, development, and analysis activities for the R&D, contract, and other funding opportunity efforts.
• Conduct analysis and simulations mainly in MATLAB.
• Performs analyses for total systems at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
• Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
Please see the You Tube videos below as examples of work completed by the engineers with MFC:
MFC in Action (opens in new window)
LRASM (opens in new window)
IAMD (opens in new window)
• Education: Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer engineering, Physics, or Mathematics. Years of experience may substitute for degree.
• Combined education (above), with 9 years of professional experience or only 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Must possess a Secret Clearance with the last investigation completed within the last 5 years.
Experience with the following:
• Leading a small multi-disciplinary design team and managing development, integration, and test activities through IPT leads or direct management.
• Executing the product development road-map, ensuring technologies needed for future variants are identified and matured to meet the needs of upcoming pursuits.
• Identifying and engaging internal SMEs or soliciting external vendors.
• Technically contributing to the design, development, and implementation of the requirements, architecture, and performance analysis.
• Communicating plans and status to program management, senior leadership, and external customers.
• Missile/UAV system development experience on a demonstration program including the design, development, and eventual test of the product.
• DOORS and SE artifact generation experience.
Experience with the following:
• Program Development and capturing design decisions into trade studies, architecture documents and requirements.
• Military systems, including missiles, sensors and their sub-systems, such as solid rocket motors, control actuation systems, navigation systems and similar.
• Familiar with simulation.
• Experience transitioning a product from development to production.
• Highly organized individual who can effectively communicate with suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment to meet an aggressive schedule.
• Self-starter who can fully engage with other personnel on the program and operate as a player/coach with little to no direct supervision.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First