Line Up Aviation
is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity. Role:
System Test Engineer Pay
: Circa £40.00 PH Contract:
6 Months Location:
Functional Verification (FV) relates to all activities for verifying & validating a system from a functional perspective. In the UK, this means responsibility for the resourcing and technical management of FV implementation for Earth Observation, Navigation & Science missions such as Exomars rover and Solar Orbiter.
The FV team provides support to the integration of avionics equipment, test specification co-engineering with design teams, development of test procedures, production of test scripts, investigation of test anomalies and providing functional testing expertise to other entities. The interactions with the different [design] system architects and project entities requires the FV team to develop extensive knowledge of the spacecraft from a functional perspective. Testing Tasks
The successful candidate will join the Functional Testing engineering team working on the Exomars Rover project. They will support Attitude and Orbit Control (AOCS), Data Handling (DHS), Failure Detection and Incident Recovery (FDIR), Payload & System Control testing.
The candidate will be responsible for the preparation, implementation, and execution of tests on simulated and hardware in the loop real-time test benches. They will also participate in the preparation and anomaly resolution of these tests.
Training on the specific processes and tools will be given as necessary. Tasks include
Qualifications / Experience:
- Co-engineering of system validation test specifications.
- Establish the necessary and sufficient configuration to perform the FV task.
- Validation of the functional chains through end to end open loop tests (AOCS, DHS, ...)
- Validate the nominal and reconfiguration functions of the sub-assembly through closed loop tests
- Development of Automated Test Procedures (ATP) against a test specification.
- Execution of the ATPs on the various test benches
- Test data analysis and Test Report Compilation (in coengineering with specialist design areas).
- Investigation of anomalies and diagnosis (determination of root cause, solution proposal…)
- Provide expertise and support to OPS/AIT/ design architect/system engineers as required
- Engineering degree (min. Bachelor) in relevant subject (aerospace, electrical, automatic control)
- Proven capability of analysing and understanding complex systems
- Basic software programming and Scripting skills
- Unix / Linux – administration, script development, etc.
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Organisation and presentation skills
- Effective at working in a multi-disciplinary international team
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Master’s degree in relevant engineering subject (aerospace, electrical, automatic control)
- Experience of one or several space sub-systems: AOCS, DHS, FDIR, Thermal, Power…
- Knowledge of Data bus (1553, CAN, SpaceWire…)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Connor Bailey at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”