6 months ago
System Software Engineer Senior
Req #: 217627_23666
Location: Hampton, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
CACI is seeking a System Software Engineer Senior to support our team in Rome, NY.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Lead and manage operations and maintenance (O&M), research and development (R&D), and procurement of data and information processing capabilities.
* Improve battlespace awareness and data for decision making at all echelons across Combat Air Force (AF) Command and Control (C2) and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) enterprise, Intelligence Community (IC), Joint, and Coalition air, space, cyberspace, and intelligence components, systems, and architectures.
* Conduct Intelligence Data Handling Systems (IDHS) and AF C2 & ISR related research, studies, analysis, enhance operations, increase mission effectiveness, improve information security, conduct experimentation, and implement new and emerging information access, processing, analysis and dissemination technologies in response to critical AF and IC multi-domain needs across Air, Space, and Cyber.
More About the Role:
* Provides requirement decomposition/definition and engineering expertise to assure program DOD requirements are developed and sustained.
* Leads and provides expertise to full life cycle support to specify, design, develop, document, unit test and integration, and to conduct problem resolution for applications and scientific software and systems.
* Fully support program architect and staff engineering efforts.
* Possesses a strong expertise in DOD areas such as command and control, intelligence, acquisition, data handling, space, and cyber, and intelligence data handling.
* Technical lead working in a medium to large size engineering teams across network, hardware, software, integration, and verification efforts.
* Experience, knowledge and adherence to sound engineering lifecycle workflow principles across hardware, software, network, interfaces, high-level/detail design, integration, verification, and regression testing.
* Works with government stakeholders design, develop, integrate, and test solutions for complex technical requirements; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions and end user training; Ensures software standards are met.
* Broad understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
* General knowledge of other related disciplines.
* Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
* Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with program objectives.
* Determines and develops approach to solutions.
* Demonstrates strong expertise with the computer systems and analytics.
* Provides in-depth analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated solution.
* Supports development of integrated system test requirement, strategies, devices and systems.
* Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s in computer science or related engineering disciplines and 8 years of related experience.
* Considered advanced in related technical competencies. Extensive experience and expertise in software architecture.
* Extensive experience and expertise in full lifecycle development of embedded software for DOD technical development efforts.
* Experience acting as the software engineering technical lead for a medium program.
* Eligible to obtain a Department of Defense (DOD) position appropriate level of security clearance. If specific position requires administrator privilege Security + will be required.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Advanced degree (Master’s/PHD) in computer science or related engineering discipline.
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.