about 1 month ago
System Safety Engineer (early to mid-career level)
Job ID: 467730BR Date posted: Jan. 18, City: Littleton State: ColoradoProgram: GOES-R
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can provide your expertise to a very important mission? Do all things outer space intrigue you? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, be a part of our Systems Safety team in the dynamic world of LM Space. We are driven by innovation and integrity and believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
We are looking for an early to mid-career System Safety Engineer (SSE) to join our team in Littleton, CO to support our commercial and military satellite lines of business and Central Engineering - a unique opportunity to contribute to a diverse array of exciting missions. As the SSE in this organization, your primary role will be the program focal point for system safety for the GOES (Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite) program. This includes maintaining program safety plans, performing hazard analyses, working with range safety on Range Safety requirements, and being the system safety point of contact for supporting launch campaigns. Additionally, you may also provide system safety analysis and operations support for other programs in addition to GOES.
Some of the tasks you will perform include:
• Generate and maintain System Safety Program Plans (SSPP)
• Define hardware/software safety requirements and ensure flow-down into the Systems Engineering process
• Perform a variety of hazard analyses across the product life cycle, to include Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA), System Hazard Analysis (SHA), Operating and Support Hazard Analysis (O&SHA), Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), and Software Safety Hazard Analysis
• Review engineering design specifications, test operations, change proposals, deficiency reports, and deviation/waiver requests for safety impacts
• Support assembly, test, and launch operations (ATLO)
• Collaborate with customer domain experts
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an Engineering or related discipline
• Knowledge/experience in system safety engineering, systems engineering, software engineering, or related field
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Prior experience performing system safety engineering analyses on NASA and/or commercial space development programs
• Prior experience with NASA and/or federal range safety requirements or relevant industry standards
• Familiarity with System Safety standards and practices (MIL-STD 882, AFSPCMAN 91-710, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Prior experience overseeing subcontractor safety programs and peer reviewing contractual deliverables
• Knowledge of systems engineering requirements derivation and flow-down processes
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First