Closing Date: 28/10/2019
Leonardo Helicopters part of the multi-national Leonardo Group is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Here is your chance to become part of the success story:
We are looking for a talented System Safety Engineer to join our UK team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
As a System Safety Engineer, your main purpose is to …
Formal system safety assessment of the air-vehicle design, to identity appropriate design safety requirements, and to demonstrate the design achieves those requirements. Analysis of various sub-systems across design disciplines is involved.
The role entails the ability to understand the design of a system and the functions it performs, and identify potential failure modes and their possible consequences and severities. Detailed analysis techniques iaw the LH System Safety Analysis Approach can be employed.
- The role may be applicable to any LH UK platform, as projects/contracts dictate.
- The role will require close co-operation with technical design staff and project staff.
- Directly responsible to the Chief System Reliability & Safety Engineer – Military Programmes.
Key Responsibility Areas
The role would be co-ordinated by the relevant Platform Safety Manager in discharging the necessary project system safety activities iaw the relevant safety management plan, including:
- Authoring Safety Assessment Reports.
- Conducting Hazard Assessments.
- Conducting Detailed Analysis.
- Performing zonal safety assessments on aircraft.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- A degree in an Engineering discipline, ideally with some experience in a technical design specialist area.
- Ideally, technical knowledge of AW101, AW159 or Apache aircraft in at least one design discipline, and/or experience in system safety analysis in the aerospace domain.