3 months ago
System Integration Test Engineer (m/f)
Airbus Helicopters Donauwörth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Airbus Helicopters in Donauwoerth is looking for a System Integration Test Engineer (m/f) within the area Systems Test Germany for the department ETXSGE.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
Please submit your CV in English and German.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main activities within the department are:
* To define, set up and execute the verification integration plan applicable for different helicopter systems (mainly avionics), to work out and provide all elements for certification needs
* To define the requirements for suitable tools and to deploy the associated processes
* To ensure the support required for the following activities:
+ Ground tests, for the prototype helicopters and for series production,
+ Flight tests,
+ Customer support
+ Support of the development engineers for the definition of the required tests on supplier side
The main activities performed by the System Integration and Test Engineer are:
* To support all System function Reviews (SFR, PDR, CDR, TRR, FQR, MG2, MG3.2, MG5,…)
* To establish the detailed integration and verification plans for all System functions
* To request, collect, challenge and support all System dedicated definitions and associated detailed Validation & Verification plans
* To establish all the associated test procedures and perform accordingly the testing
* To produce all the documentation necessary for the validation, the verification and the qualification of the systems in accordance with the approved planning
* To challenge and validate the results with Architects and designers
* To provide technical assistance to Architect, Designers and H/C support Team (on the H/C if necessary)
* To perform Work-Package Management and technical coordination of sub-projects
* To ensure a robust and transparent reporting of Avionic Test & Systems Integration progress and status
* To provide to the Integration Test project responsible all the information necessary to perform the quotations, test strategy & planning for system testing
* To participate to the definition of the functional needs for the test means
* To define and derived from each complete H/C integration project, the needs of rig operations tasks and the associated detailed schedule
* To define, deploy and improve system integration methods and processes according to standard process implementation
Business trips inside and outside Germany could be required at a short notice.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
* You have a degree in aerospace engineering, avionics, experimental construction or similar
* You have experience in engineering
* Experience in project management is an advantage
* You have sound knowledge of embedded systems in the aerospace sector
* You have already gained experience in system integration and testing
* Experience with Arinc 653 systems is desirable
* Problem- and solution-oriented way of working
* Customer orientation
* Analytical thinking, very good technical understanding
* Independent working method
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work in a team
* Fluent English language skills
* Knowledge of German and French would be an advantage
This position is offered under a local contract.