3 months ago
System Integration / Test Engineer
Specific Job Description
The System level Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of System level I&T for all Military Solutions programmes. The role is to ensure consistency across all Integrated Solutions programmes, with assignments to discrete programmes tasks as needed.
The System Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer will report to the I&T manager and be under the general direction of the I&T Lead.
* Providing and contributing to Test activities to all Intergated Solutions programmes on I&T System level tasking
* Ensuring that Test procedures are developed in line with the system requirements and to the standards required by the I&T processes
* Ensuring that Test documentation is delivered to schedule and available for Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), and consistent across all Integrated Solutions programmes.
* Ensuring that Test execution is completed to cost & schedule
* Effectively managing the System level I&T team to ensure maximum efficiency in running test, finding and diagnosing faults
* Investigation of complex system level faults found through test
* Monitoring and progressing fix development & embodiment
* Ensuring I&T processes for fault reporting and investigation complied with
* Producing, collecting and reporting appropriate metrics showing progress
* Using Metrics to guide decisions and for management reporting
Liaising with internal and external equipment engineers to ensure rapid diagnosis of problem
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
The engineer should be able to function well within a team, interfacing with the Test manager, Integration and Test team lead and team members from both the internal test organisations and from the customer. The engineer should be familiar with estimating and recording time and resource against planned testing and for co-ordinating test assets.
• Demonstrable test experience across the full test lifecycle. With a track record of delivery in complex, challenging, cutting edge test environments, with specific focus on Software test activity.
• Commitment & teamwork:
• Disciplined, logical and flexible work approach
• Work effectively as part of a team, seeking timely management direction & guidance, peer counsel and team advice, exercising tact and diplomacy, and promoting enthusiasm, innovation and effective, positive inter-personal relationships
• High degree of personal and professional integrity
• Demonstrated understanding of customer needs and in house processes
• Clear, focused and effective verbal and written communications
• Good analytical skills
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of MOD projects.
* Experience of system integration testing
* ISTQB Acreditted
* Experience of DOORS
Understanding of testing across the program lifecycle.
Experience of Jira
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.