about 1 month ago
System Engineer Sr
Job ID: 468819BR Date posted: Jan. 29, City: Littleton State: ColoradoProgram: SP-MSP
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Systems Engineer, you will serve as a member of the MSP Systems Design and Integration Team responsible for the following activities:
•Architecture and ConOps development
•System level design and decomposition into requirements
•System analysis definition and management/ execution
•Coordinating studies and system trades for enhanced capabilities
•Interface definition and management
•Developing plans to on-ramp new mission capabilities while protecting the primary mission
•Coordinating design reviews and technical product reviews
•Integration and test planning
•Leading failure investigations and anomaly resolution boards
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
•Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
• Comfortable in multi-functional teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Strong social skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
• Capable of briefing audiences of varying technical knowledge
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Bachelor’s degree (Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, RF Engineering, or a related technical discipline) with at least 5 years of experience with spacecraft architecture, design, or development
• Demonstrated ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and at times incomplete data
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Ability to interact with hardware and software developers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• Demonstrated ability to get results from teams without direct authority
• Demonstrated experience in the following:
o Integration of complex systems
o Spacecraft electronics development (Analog, Digital, or RF)
o Developing mission CONOPS
o Leading trade studies
o Requirements development, flow down, and verification
o Integration and test planning and execution
o Component, subsystem, or system level design reviews (PDR, CDR, etc.)
• Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
o Systems architecture
o Systems engineering
o Electrical engineering
o RF engineering
o Modeling in MATLAB/ Simulink
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First