3 months ago
Job ID: 447340BR Date posted: Aug. 22, City: Marion State: Massachusetts
Description:The Submersibles & Sensors market segment is anticipating the need for a highly skilled Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in Marion, MA. This role would support future work anticipated in Q4 of 2018 on an international submarine Multifunction Mast/Antenna system.
The candidate needs to be very strong technically and have significant experience with executing the systems engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, development and derivation, design oversight to ensure compliance to requirements, integration and qualification testing (IV&V), followed by introduction of final products into production and production support.
The successful candidate will be proficient in communicating upward to program leads and senior managers, and with other engineers and individual contributors on the team. The candidate must be highly engaged with program leaders, the engineering teams/IPTs, customers, and other services impacting development and test such as drafting, sourcing, safety, manufacturing, etc.
At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems RMS, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
- Prior System Engineering experience on DoD and international type programs
- Prior experience contributing to the creation of functional/non-functional and performance requirement baselines for a system.
- Prior experience executing the technical scope of the System Engineering life-cycle and tracking progress via TPMs and other metrics
- Prior experience with Specialty Engineering related to IA, ILS, RMA, Safety, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with and present technical scope to senior leadership and customers
- Must have superb written skills and prior experience developing technical artifacts for DoD type programs
- Prior experience developing materials for and presenting at System Engineering Technical Reviews (SRR/SFR/SSR/PDR/CDR/TRR)
- Occasional Travel to customer facilities is required
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining a Secret clearance.
- Experience with US Navy Program Executive Offices (PEOs) and Warfare Centers (NUWC)
- Experience defining risks & opportunities for a program
- Familiarity with DoD contracting activities and acquisition life-cycle
- Experience with Requirements Management tools such as DOORS
- Detailed knowledge, analytical skills, and hands-on experience with system design, test, and production.
- Experience with and familiarity with other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, and software engineering
- Experience in Model Based Engineering concepts and tools
- Prior experience establishing and tracking schedules and budgets
- Experience with Antennas, Antenna Elements and associated Radio Frequency (RF) Electronics
- Familiarity with VLF/LF communications
- Ability to thrive in multitasking environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First