5 months ago
Join Delta IT on our journey to becoming the best IT organization in the airline industry.
Delta IT is on a journey of transformation. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As thought-leaders within Delta, we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Delta IT employees are thinkers, doers, innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We deliver impact to our customers.
Join us on our transformation journey in becoming a world-class IT organization at the world's best airline!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Your primary functions are to help design, develop, document, test and support new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal and external use (analysis, design, code).
- Leads and influences technical direction for large-scale, highly complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring integration of cross-functional systems. Provides technical guidance in evaluating middleware systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Responsibilities include application integration into JEE instances, JVM tuning to optimizes application resource usage, JEE component packaging, and infrastructure design using industry best practices.
- Provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and systems programming
- Engineer ensures platform performance and availability meet enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- At least 5 years of Java/J2EE development experience, hands-on troubleshooting and deployment experience
- Solid knowledge of high-scale, multi-tenant Web service development, including RESTful APIs and microservices, and SOA services
- Experience with Java, J2EE, WebSphere/Liberty, JBOSS EAP, Tomcat
- Knowledge of Microsoft .net hosting
- Experience in supporting application teams and Troubleshooting in a DEV, Stage, UAT, and Production environment
- Must be able to provide on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as needed
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Ability to lead and mentor associate developers.
- Experience with Ansible, JBOSS Data Grid or AEM is preferred
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.