5 months ago
System/Cloud Engineer (Must have active TS/SCI with Poly)
Req #: 215869
Location: Hanover, MD US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Are you interested in working with the latest in advanced technologies? Does supporting critical national security missions have special meaning to you? Are you someone that thrives working in an agile team environment? If so, this is a great opportunity to join our team and support a key Intelligence Community customer on a long-term prime contract.
The MIDDLEWARE program is comprised of multiple TTOs, and provides five key capabilities across them as well as a wide variety of support services. The key capabilities are: Data Transport - Provides real-time data transport services across a global footprint, Billions of message events per day. Enterprise Audit - Provides millions of auditable events to the enterprise never audited before. Authorization Services - Provides Billions of authorizations per year across the IC. Information Transport Service (ITS) - ODNI Mandated high speed data transport for high vale traffic. Enterprise Application Hosting – Supporting requirements for Platform as a Service (PaaS) and remote desktop infrastructure across the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be a key member of a large prime contract effort, comprised of multiple teams working to secure, operate and enhance customer systems. This position supports, the Utility Cloud Services office, which designs, develops and implements Utility Cloud Service offerings for the Agency Extended Enterprise. These services include on-premise Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings including the Mission Utility Cloud and MACHINESHOP, and Platform as a Service (Paas) offerings including PARTSHOP, CONTIAINERYARD and LABBENCH. Additionally, Utility Cloud Services is the Agency Service provider/primary liaison to the Commercial Cloud Service (C2S), the IC-facing Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
Middleware III has a requirement for a System Engineer to do the following:
* Support the adoption and integration of C2S platforms and solutions.
* Development of support of budgeting, migration plans, security designs, briefs, and general C2S services/adoption questions.
* Ensuring that the operational posture is maintained for an information system migrating to the C2S platform, and working in close collaboration with the information system owners and C2S support staff.
* Serve as a key advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving initiated, planned, scheduled authored training content, and support or lead the bi-weekly meeting and training for existing or prospective customers on how to properly and efficiently use C2S capabilities.
* Assist in the development of cloud computing security and risk management best practices and technical content.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
* 10 years System Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of System Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
* 5 years experience with Linux and platforms
* 3 years experience leading design and implementation activities in a large-scale enterprise environment.
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
* Experience developing software (Java, .NET, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go, C++) scripts and automation
* Experience collaborating with the business, translating business need into technical requirements and presenting ideas in business-friendly language to management, customers and staff.
* Understanding of architecture design techniques
* Familiarity with DevOps and integrating with Gitlab, Jenkins and containers
* Experience with REST APIs to provide data to other applications looking to integrate with the PARTSHOP offerings
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Desired Qualifications or Attributes
* Experience with open source COTS/GOTS/FOSS solutions
* Experience with cloud based computing
* Experience with automation tools such as Ansible or similar tools
* System Administration experience
* Storage Administration experience
* Understanding of IaaS, PaaS and Containers
What We Can Offer You:
CACI’s National and Cyber Solutions (NCS) business group is looking for a successful candidate who possesses the requisite experience and “can-do” attitude. The work environment is casual, yet professional and we’re committed to providing the tools you need to succeed on the job and in your career.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.