4 months ago
The APS HP NonStop/Tandem System Administrator will be responsible for Customer, Application, and System support for the HPE NonStop/Tandem systems. Responsibilities will include system performance and activity monitoring, job/task scheduling, reporting of system activity, and basic to intermediate problem resolution. An intermediate to advanced skill level in the administration of NonStop Guardian and OSS environments is required. The position requires basic to intermediate ability to read and modify TACL and Shell scripting languages.
• Must have excellent communication skills for team interaction and to document and present technical issues in a straightforward and understandable way.
• Must enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment.
• Must have a quality mindset with strong attention to detail
• Good communication skills to collaborate effectively with all stakeholders, problem solving skills and passion for learning latest technologies.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or technical discipline
• Minimum 2-5 years experience Information Technology or Programming environment
• Minimum 2-5 years experience HPE NonStop/Tandem administration or development
• HPE NonStop Administration Experience
o Guardian environment
o OSS environment
• HPE NonStop Utilities
o Other standard NonStop utilities
• Applications languages
o TACL Scripting
o Shell Scripting (Bourne, Bourne Again, Korn)
o Python preferred
• Other utilities and skills
o Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel
o Atlassian tools – JIRA, Confluence