4 months ago
Sys Integratn/Test Eng Sr
Specific Job Description
Reporting via the ITEA Lead, to the ITEA Manager and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the Integration & Test role is responsible for providing technical expertise to support successful implementation and on-going operation of programme deliverables as required to fulfil Military Solutions business objectives.
The System level Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing and advising on System level I&T for all Military Solutions programmes
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Understanding of formal requirements compliance and sell-off processes.
* Experience of working on product development for Military Platforms
* Experience of working with and developing systems using the following protocols; MIL-STD-1553, TCP-IP, RS232.
* Proven experience in complex system design, development and performance analysis, particularly in the defence or aerospace domain.
* Understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, and demonstrable application of relevant Test methodologies and toolsets
* Ability to synthesize system level requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints
* An understanding of a range of Engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical, and Electrical).
* Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance, including problem identification and diagnosis.
* Good understanding of the test project lifecycle and understanding of quality gating.
* A willingness to travel including to support a range of test related activities, as required.
* Excellent team player, understands the balance of team work within own team and across the wider business
* Experience of Post Test Data Analysis
* ISTQB Qualification
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Knowledge of tactical data links and associated standards, such as Link 16
* Experience of Non-Functional and Environmental testing to military standards
* Experience with DOORS
* Experience with JIRA
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.