3 months ago
Sys. Integration Engineer 4
Sys. Integration Engineer 4
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance Systems (ISR Systems) is one of three L3 business segments, is an industry leader in the missionization, modernization, and maintenance of aircraft and ground systems, with more than 65 years of experience in developing complex intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance systems; command and control systems; and secure communications. We provide a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
About L3 ISR Segment
L3’s ISR Systems Segment brings together a broad collection of some 30+ unique L3 divisions across 10 business areas to offer a diverse portfolio of innovative sensor and intelligence technologies across the maritime, land, airborne, space, cyber and warfighter domains. Comprised of 15,000 employees in 5 countries including in 16 states in 40+ locations, we are a global partner of choice delivering innovative capabilities to gather, share and protect intelligence for a more secure world.
Support flight electronic hardware (Line Replaceable Units (LRUs)) used in an airborne reconnaissance system, repair/refurbishment of LRUs during scheduled aircraft maintenance and other Depot activities, and replace/upgrade LRUs as part of system maintenance and upgrade activities.
You will demonstrate success by:
Provide technical expertise to Field Service Rep’s (FSRs) to solve field problems as highest priority.
LRUs include visible and IR cameras and the processing, recording, and communication electronics which interface them with other aircraft systems.
Responsible for collecting and maintaining the health and status data of the LRUs and performing analyses that communicate to the Logistics Team appropriate performance thresholds to provide best mission performance posture for deployed systems
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field (EE, CE, CS, ET AL)
* Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* This position requires an ACTIVE Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI, which requires US Citizenship.
* Must have excellent lab and troubleshooting skills, preferably on systems containing visible and IR sensors, processors and control systems.
* Experience troubleshooting electronic assemblies and performing Failure Analysis (FA), and recommending improvements to existing designs.
* Experience in interpreting aircraft systems specifications, drawings or testing requirements.
* Experience in generating / performing hardware and software validation procedures, software configuration checks, and repeatability testing in SIL, Ground Test, or Flight Test environments.
* Must be able to read, interpret, create and maintain spreadsheets, charts, reports, project plans, procedures, schematics, wire lists, parts lists and draft assembly drawings.
* Strong oral communication and technical writing skills.
* Writing concise weekly status reports and maintaining tracking spreadsheets.
* Design and project review presentation experience.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, et al) to generate work products.
* Deploy to support fielded aircraft troubleshooting and testing.
* Physical requirements: Some lifting in a Systems Integration Lab (SIL) and on-aircraft.
* Experience with designing and testing airborne reconnaissance systems highly desired.
* Current flight certification or the ability to be flight certified.
* Proficiency in leading multifunctional groups to achieve project goals.
* Experience with specifying, ordering, tracking and receiving materials for assigned projects.
* Experience with pre-mission planning and post-mission performance reporting is a plus.
* Experience in customer operator and maintenance training.
* Security+ certification is a plus
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Sector - ISR Systems-21000012
May 20, 2019, 6:35:21 PM
Email this job
To access this job from another device, Email this information to yourself.
Name should not be empty
Recipient’s email address
Email should not be empty
Please enter a valid Email
Email has been sent sucessfully
No locations found