3 months ago
Specific Job Description
The successful Candidate will:
* Provide engineering analysis support for Submarine and shore based SWS systems and equipment.
* Work as a fully integrated member of the SWS Waterfront Team. This involves travel to other UK and USA sites.
* Assist with the witnessing of Performance related test procedures.
* Assist with the analysis of data and compilation of Test Analysis Reports from Performance related test procedures.
* Assist the Waterfront Associate Manager with technical submissions in support of customer and stakeholder meetings.
* Attend such meetings as required.
* Perform technical analysis at sea on board submarines in support of sea trials.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin UK – Strategic Systems (LMUK SS) is the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board VANGUARD class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support. LMUK SS, as part of the ABL Alliance with AWE and Babcock, is also responsible for the management of operations at the Royal Naval Armaments Depot Coulport (RNAD(C)). Looking to the future, LMUK SS supports the joint US and UK submarine design efforts in New London Connecticut and Barrow-in–Furness.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Good communications and interpersonal skills
* IT literate to an appropriate standard in PC based systems ideally including advanced Excel skills.
* Capable of building and maintaining customer relationships and the confidence to debate technical issues with both Customer and Design Authority, providing consultancy where required.
* An analytical, structured and thorough approach to problem solving.
* Pro-active approach to providing solutions to emergent challenges.
* Able to take ownership of tasks as delegated and drive them through to successful conclusion by due deadlines.
* Ability to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail.
* Understanding the requirement to adhere to applicable documentation within a highly prescriptive environment.
* Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
A HNC/HND from an accredited university / college with an analysis related discipline such as Mathematics/Statistics/Physics or related STEM discipline or equivalent experience / combined education including a recognised engineering apprenticeship or equivalent.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* An open mind and questioning attitude.
* Industry/Academic experience in a related analytical discipline.
* Experience in a customer facing environment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.