Are you an experienced Sustaining Engineer? Or have similar experience in a different job role? Are you looking to take on a new challenge with a Respiratory devices manufacturer? If so we are looking for individuals just like you!
We have an opportunity for a Sustaining Engineer to join a leading client of ours. This is a contract opportunity for 3 months initially, working 37 hours per week Mon-Fri.
- Responsible engineer for sustaining activities on products as defined within a RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed) table.
- To maintain production and prevent a back order situation without a negative impact to quality.
- Including supporting the introduction of new products through all phases of product development cycle and be responsible for provision of all aspects of sustaining engineering following product introduction.
- Provide technical input/support for new and existing products, product enhancements and the introduction of product line extensions including project management and project engineering support as part of NPI and process improvement of new and legacy products.
- Identify opportunities to improve costs, product quality and productivity.
- Keep abreast of manufacturing technological developments.
- Conduct manufacturing technology and processing feasibility studies, report and present recommendations.
- Ensure that all manufacturers, manufacturing processes and equipment comply with relevant national & international technical specifications.
- Ensure that all manufacturing methods, processes, equipment and test equipment are designed to provide optimal products in terms of performance, quality and cost.
- Ensure that validation requirements are adequately defined, implemented and completed where required.
- When assigned as a project manager or project lead role, manage the project activities; drive the planned objectives, schedule, resources and costs, also ensuring that all project/product documentation is current and maintained.
- Dealing with suppliers directly, also conduct PFMEA's & report writing etc.
- Other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Engineering Manager - Support.
- Planning and project management skills with evidence of successful project delivery
- Experience of leadership role in design transfer of a new product within a regulated environment
- Experience of leadership role in design creation of a new product within a regulated environment.
- Proven problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ideally experience of providing leadership to multi-cultural teams to solve technical and project related issues.
- Ideally experienced in design and/or manufacture/assembly of product.
- Ability to operate effectively within a highly regulated environment and ideally experience gained within a medical device quality system.
- Ability to deliver process validation plans and the requisite documentation requirements.
- Prepared to travel both within the UK and internationally to successfully deliver the role requirements, no more than 10% of travel expected at present.
- Minimum 10 years in manufacturing engineering.
- Minimum 5 years related medical device or other highly regulated industry experience in product development and manufacturing environment including technical report writing.
- Minimum degree or 5 years experience in mechanical engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of plastic moulding processes.
- MS Office
- Quality controls and SPC.
- AutoCAD and/or ProE.
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click 'apply' below to submit your CV. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our client's needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.