4 months ago
Job ID: 463269BR Date posted: Nov. 30, City: Centennial State: ColoradoProgram: NSP
Description:Your invitation to a bright future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As a Survivability Engineer, you will support the System Engineering (SE) Special Disciplines Organization in one or more of the following areas:
- Apply electrical, electronics and physics theories in executing various tasks related to Survivability
- Ensure that military space vehicle and missile designs, from the component level to the system level, will meet performance requirements during and after exposure to specified environments; these environments include natural space radiation
- Technical planning, specification requirements derivation, modeling and analysis, design, test planning and execution, technical documentation, requirements
verification/validation to support overall system
needs and act as technical consultant for management and customers
- The Systems Engineer will join the enterprise
Survivability Engineering group, will be partnered
with other experts, mentor and lead peers
Skills include Electrical Engineer, Systems Engineer, Physics, Survivability Engineer, Nuclear Hardness and Survivabiliy Engineer, Radiation Engineer, nuclear, radiation, SPICE, MATLAB, NOVICE, test, electronics, semiconductor, electromechanical, electromagnetic, Shieldose, and/or Spenvis
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Device Physics or a related discipline
- Natural Space Radiation environments and design hardness, and ability to perform tasks pertinent to Survivability discipline
- Electrical engineering simulation tools (e.g., SPICE, PSPICE, etc.)
- Software tools for performing electrical engineering and mathematical analyses (e.g., MATLAB, etc.)
- Test laboratory environments and associated test disciplines and test equipment (e.g., data acquisition systems, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and/or signal generators)
- Electronics and /or semiconductor physics and
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Radiation software tools (e.g., NOVICE, Srim/Trim, Novice/Geant4, Creme96, Creme-mc, Shieldose, Spenvis, Omere, Ap8/Ap8, and Ap9/Ae9)
- Radiation test facilities [e.g., test labs in universities]
- Electronic, electrical, electromechanical and electrooptical (EEEE) components
- Piece-part radiation testing and radiation effects on piece-parts performance and reliability
- Electromagnetic environment and theories
- Work and interface with peers and senior experts from within and outside the engineering group
- Enthusiastic learner and willingness to be an
apprentice to senior experts in the Survivability discipline
- Support anomaly resolution teams
- Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Good oral and written communications skills, strong interpersonal skills and good teamwork skills are required
- Organized and able to effectively multi-task to
accomplish this fast paced job
- Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First