2 months ago
Supvr Aircraft Maintenance
6 days ago(3/12/2019 11:25 PM)
# of Openings
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is directly responsible for the overall supervision, training, and support of assigned aircraft maintenance personnel. Works closely with the Manager/Sr Manager Maintenance to achieve goals of the department and meet or exceed performance metrics of the Team.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Works closely with fellow Supervisors and Leadership to achieve Department metrics and objectives
• Sets clear expectations on daily assignments and procedures
• Effectively communicates process changes and procedures to their Employees
• Assures Compliance with all applicable polices set forth in Southwest Technical Operations Handbook
• Assures all work performed during the assigned shift is in accordance with approved Maintenance procedures.
• Assures Maintenance documentation of work performed is entered into computer base prior to aircraft departure.
• Reviews work packages for completeness and accuracy before all aircraft is returned to service.
• Assures that all RII items are properly documented.
• Assures that all deferred maintenance items have the required parts and labor hours recorded.
• Coordinates aircraft maintenance requirements with all pertinent Company Departments, specifically through Maintenance Control, to advise the current maintenance status of the aircraft.
• Updates various daily reports within the required systems.
• Monitors the progress of each aircraft and takes necessary action to assure on-time departures.
• Coordinate with Command Center for all operational issues.
• Reviews with Lead Mechanics the assigned work packages and adjusts them as required.
• Monitors productivity and labor hour requirements on the assigned shift, and provides adequate labor hour coverage for the oncoming shift.
• Evaluates the need for required overtime and schedules it accordingly.
• Approves required payroll documents.
• Monitors sick leave and takes the appropriate action when required.
• Provides instruction and on-the-job training as required.
• Monitors Training Reporting System or Programs for mandatory training to ensure Compliance.
• Responsible for New Hire Evaluation and Feedback.
• Complies with SWA Safety and EPA practices, and maintains a safe work environment.
• Complies with TSA security requirements to ensure facilities and aircraft are secure.
• Comply with Station weekly Line and Hangar audits.
• Oversee aircraft taxi/repositioning operations on the field.
• Oversee aircraft locations at the terminal and hangar maintenance facility and coordinates with Station Command Center for Flight requirements.
• Assures facility and maintenance equipment is maintained in a safe and operational manner.
• Responsible for ensuring proper delay coding for delayed aircraft.
• Assigns Mechanics for down-line trips as required by MX Control.
• Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Associate’s in a technical degree a plus, preferred
* 5 years of Aircraft Maintenance required
* 3 years of Supervisory experience preferred
* Southwest Aircraft Maintenance Technicians- Lead Temp/Temp Supervisor experience may apply
* A&P Mechanic Certificate required
* Must hold or be able to obtain an Airport Driver’s permit
* Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements
* Must be able to lift and move item sup to 50 pounds on a regular basis
* Ability to access restricted areas requiring climbing, crawling, and kneeling
• Knowledge of EPA regulations and guidelines for hazardous materials a plus.
• Must have strong written and verbal skills and the ability to speak in a group situation.
• Ability to read and comprehend technical reports, instructions, and maintenance documents.
• Must have good decision making skills and confidence to effectively direct the work of the individuals on the Team. Excellent problem-solving skills are a must.
• Must be able to establish good working relationships and maintain a positive attitude with assigned personnel.
• Must be results oriented, and self-motivated
• Must be able to effectively prioritize work assignments
• Must be able to work in a face paced environment with competing priorities.
• Must be able to work within tight time constraints
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guideline
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be able to work varying shifts and/or overtime as needed to meet operational demands.
• Must be able to travel with some overnights stays several times a year for training and department meetings.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Refer a FriendRefer
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?