8 months ago
STS Technical Services is Hiring Support Equipment Mechanics in Palmdale, California!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Repair, maintain, and rebuild automotive and other mobile equipment and vehicles powered by internal combustion motors
* Read and interpret information from drawing, specifications and shop manuals to determine the methods and sequence of operations to perform maintenance and repair of vehicles powered by internal combustion engines
* Diagnose nature and extent of corrective action to be performed to accomplish preventive maintenance, overhaul, repair and check/tune-up of automotive and other equipment
* Perform diagnostics and functional tests of engines, drive trains, suspension, and braking and electrical systems
* Rebuild, repair, overhaul and tune-up internal combustion engines by performing such work as re-boring cylinders, repair and replacing transmissions and clutches, installing and fitting piston rings or changing spark plugs, rebuilding and cleaning carburetors, remove and replace oil and air filters
* Adjust wheels for caster, camber, toe in and toe out. Repair, replace or adjust suspension and braking systems and parts and performing such duties as reline brakes, true drums, install brake cylinders, adjust brakes for proper functioning, replace shock absorbers and re-packing or replacing wheel bearings
* Verify accuracy, tolerances and dimensions of machined parts prior to use and installation using precision measuring instruments based on applicable specification requirements
* Perform body and fender work operations such as straightening and aligning frames, straighten body panels and fenders involving sharp angles, beads, deep wrinkles or folds
* Refinish damaged or repaired surfaces by brush or spray painting
* Record maintenance, repair and overhaul data and statistics manually or with the aid of computer or computer-based system
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.