3 months ago
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Support Engineer, you will provide technical support for MRO test and processing equipment. Design, build and maintain test equipment, tooling, and maintenance equipment. The Support Engineer will report to the Engineering Tech Manager.
This position contributes to our vision by:
* • Designs, specifies and builds new test and maintenance equipment.
* • Manages and performs preventive maintenance on existing equipment.
* • Designs and specifies tooling and materials for the MRO technicians.
* • Drives 5S culture by improving and maintaining the cleanliness, safety and organization of the test and work areas.
* • Evaluates drawings, specifications and other data to determine requirements for process improvements, requirements and capital equipment purchases.
* • Reviews drawings and provides support for manufacturing and repair of civil and military parts and components.
* • Assists in identifying and resolving production problems as it relates to manufacturing and repair processes, tooling, and equipment.
* • Reviews, updates processes, and repair documentation.
* • Assists supervisors/leads in resolving production and testing problems. Maintains various production and test equipment.
* • Assists in development of production and testing procedures.
* • Constructs production and tests equipment.
* • Troubleshooting: the use of knowledge, tools, and analysis skills to solve problems in the areas of electronics, electromechanical products, test setups, and test equipment.
* • Selection and Use of Test Equipment: the ability to select and use appropriate test measurement equipment, data acquisition devices.
* • Analytical Problem Solving: the ability to develop logical and analytical approaches to solving problems encountered in test activities.
* • Computer Applications: the ability to use appropriate computer applications to facilitate testing, documentation, and project management methods. Applicant will be able to use parametric modeling software, Microsoft Office, and Project as required.
* • Product Knowledge: ability to learn applications, construction, industry specifications, performance specifications, and design of products.
* • Regular, predictable attendance is required.
* • Engineering Tech Manager may assign other duties or tasks.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
* • Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution. Preferably in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
* • Programming of process controllers, such as PLC or LabVIEW products.
* • Must be mechanically inclined.
* • Must be willing to work overtime pending on business needs.
* • Should be comfortable using hand tools, saws, grinders, mill, lathe.
* • Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
* • This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* • Basic blueprint reading for tooling and machining.
* • Knowledge of drive systems and gearing.
* • Forklift operation.
* • Read and understand wiring diagrams.
* • Panel meter (Gauge) programming
* • High pressure hydraulic systems
* • Soldering and wiring: Knowledge of Sensors/Transducers, including installation and replacement.
* • Hydraulics: Assembly, troubleshooting, and repair of hydraulic systems, with and without drawings.
* • Familiarity with welding and brazing.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
* • Team oriented
* • Process focused
* • Open & honest communication
* • Quality minded
* • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
* • Recognizes success
* • Executes with urgency
* • Customer focused in everything we do
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.