2 months ago
With annual sales of $14 billion in fiscal year 2018, Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in the manufacturing of diverse motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company operates in 50 countries and for 100 years we’ve engineered the success of our customers in a wide range of diverse markets. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
Supplier Development Manager/Work Transfer Specialist
The Work Transfer Specialist will lead work transfers, develop supplier performance including resolving supplier quality and delivery issues, and champion continuous improvement activities with suppliers. The SC professional will monitor suppliers’ performance against contractual obligations, customer expectations, and key performance indicators.
• Participate in the development and implementation of world class work transfer processes and tools that align with strategic initiatives at the Division and Group levels.
• Support transferring work and fielding all questions related to the manufacturing process to ensure suppliers understand Parker technical requirements (e.g. Engineering drawings, manufacturing and process specifications, etc.).
• Evaluate supplier manufacturing process and capability by conducting on-site process analysis, audits, and soliciting observations from operators/production technicians.
• Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, to identify manufacturing and assembly capabilities at existing and new potential suppliers.
• Work with suppliers to improve their internal / external capabilities, streamline their manufacturing process to ensure the best value for Parker and our customers.
• Coordinate the development and maintenance of the standard work associated with team support to key Division and Site level initiatives, including: Supplier Continuous Improvement & Cost Reduction proposals, Supplier Business Health, Capacity, Production & Rate Readiness, and Capability Assessments, Work Transfer, Procurement Manufacturing Engineering support, and global sourcing. Initiate and facilitate Continuous Improvement & Cost Reduction Initiatives with suppliers and Parker Engineering / other functions. Employs project and program management ‘best practices’ to drive initiatives to closure.
• Leads and participates in requirement discussions with suppliers to support and mitigate work transfer and production readiness risks.
• Evaluate supplier capabilities and establishes supplier relationships through training and understanding of their overall business risks and opportunities.
• Communicates supplier capabilities to internal team to assist in work transfer, long term agreements, and cost reduction activities.
• Evaluate supplier operational capacity and machine capacity. Assess supplier business operations for maturity and risks. Determines supplier core capability, growth potential, and operational sustainability.
• Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement, key lean manufacturing/production principles, and techniques to critical areas of a supplier’s production.
• Travel 20-40% of the time to suppliers locally with some domestic U.S. and limited international travel.
• Bachelor’s degree (BS) in a technical discipline preferred: Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering, Materials Management, or related technical discipline.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through five or more years of related experience.
• Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand Supply Chain work transfer ‘best practices.’
• Must have experience with relevant manufacturing processes – machining expertise and common/special processing knowledge preferred.
• Understanding of lean manufacturing / lean production systems, Six Sigma, project management, APQP/PPAP/FMEA/FAI, and Quality Management Systems experience. Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision.
• Must have advanced computer skills.
• Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with
all internal and external contacts and the ability to work cross-functionally.
• Knowledge of the aerospace industry (or similar industry) products, regulatory requirements, and global sourcing for both commercial and defense hardware.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 11541. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.