Supply Chain Manager
Employment type: Permanent
Employment basis: Full Time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Standard Hours: 40 hours per week, from 08:00 to 4:30, Monday to Friday
Closing date: 21 October 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager to join Britten-Norman Aircraft, producer of one of the most successful civil aircraft ever manufactured in the UK.
This role is based at our Bembridge premises.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership of the Production Planning and Control Team by the creation, alteration and maintenance of production plans to meet customer and business requirements (in both the short and long term).
On a day to day basis the Supply Chain Manager's primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading the production commitment/ order acceptance process for the business, working closely with the Material and Production Managers to ensure that customer requirements are understood, that capacity requirements are defined/planned and that a finalised production plan is communicated to customers and key stakeholders.
- Undertaking production planning using an agreed Production Plan template (including short and long term forecasts), the capacity plan and the Company database to calculate start dates and determine completion dates for all orders.
- Populating a detailed 12 week production plan with start/finish dates for the acquiring the kits of parts/material, manufacturing/shop-floor time and external processing operations.
- Monitoring and reporting issues on the 12 week plan, highlighting bottle necks and constraints, ensuring that short term actions are in place to address issues where required.
- Being the primary point of contact for key suppliers and service providers and manage relationships to ensure that the supply of products and/or services is delivered in accordance with contractual terms and the production schedule.
Measuring subcontractor performance and manage late delivery.
Key skills and attributes:
- Effective time management/planning.
- Highly self-motivated, with an ability to motivate others to achieve a common goal.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to advise on delays in production in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strong internal and external relationship building and communication skills.
- Ability to prepare production plans.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, being proficient in tools within the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to interpret data sets from ERP applications.
- Ability to understand technical data including drawings.
- Willing to be hands on as we are a Small to Medium Size Enterprise (SME).
Minimum qualifications requirements:
5 GCSEs at Grade C or above.
- Experience in a supply chain environment.
Experience in improvement activities, including the deployment of lean manufacturing principles.
- Previous experience in project/programme management within a multi-functional team.
- People management experience.
- Comfortable leading teams in a challenging environment.
- Experience of ERP systems and their application.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, subject to the successful completion of the Company's Security Clearance process and satisfactory references.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
We recommend that applications are made as early as possible. Interviewing will be undertaken progressively as suitable candidates arise.