8 months ago
SNC is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to focus on improving overall supplier performance. The selected candidate will support Supplier qualifications, audits, and problem resolution at supplier sites with the goal of improving quality and on-time delivery performance. Additionally, the selected candidate will be responsible for identifying/qualifying alternate sources for critical commodities. This position requires extensive travel and will spend 75% of their time at supplier facilities with the remaining time spent reporting on and evaluating the information gathered from suppliers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Work directly with suppliers to improve overall part quality and schedule performance
* Minimize performance risk at assigned suppliers through risk analysis studies and process evaluation
* Work as the quality liaison between SNC and our suppliers on resolution of any quality, test or certification requirements. Provide guidance on product and component quality requirements.
* Provide manufacturing guidance to suppliers
* Liaison between supplier and SNC engineering
* Oversee the certification/qualification of assigned suppliers
* Monitor Key (highly strategic) supplier performance and any respective supplier corrective actions plans, ensuring effectiveness of 8D that tackles root cause and eliminates reoccurrence
* Verification that corrective actions implemented are effective
* Drive issue resolution with suppliers, engineering, and manufacturing
* Conduct audits of Supplier Quality Management system, quality capabilities, processes and facilities.
* Rank and prioritize suppliers for development, develop suppliers to meet increasing quality and regulatory requirements/expectations
* Assist in developing new suppliers to meet strategic Business Area requirements
* Lead effective “boots on the ground" supplier recovery actions at suppliers’ facilities
* Lead Business Reviews with Key suppliers and key company personnel
* Conduct supplier engagements related to capability, capacity, opportunity and risk
* Identify and mitigate vulnerabilities within the supplier’s manufacturing and quality systems
* Perform technical evaluations in support of cost and price analysis
* Proactively identify supplier risk and develop the mitigation plan. Communicate the technical/organizational health of suppliers to stakeholders
* Promote a professional, service-oriented procurement environment with full awareness of regulations concerning business ethics
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Delegation of Authority requirements
* Review Delegation of Authority thresholds as applicable to job position stated in the DOA Responsibilities Matrix
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* A BS in a related field and Supplier Quality Engineering experience required.
* 6+ years of related experience required.
* ASQ certifications preferred
* Manufacturing background with a history of coordinating the Manufacturing Engineering
* Working knowledge if AS9100 required.
* Knowledge reading defense related drawings and specifications
* Proven ability to assess complex situations and arrive at creative solutions to ensure SNC’s supplier meet cost, schedule and technical requirements required.
* Work collaboratively with peers, subordinates and suppliers to achieve success
* Ability to represent the company effectively is essential
* Requires comprehensive written, verbal and personal communication skills
* Ability to communicate at all levels of SNC and supplier management
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.