about 1 month ago
Ogden, UT, US
Job ID: 22268
Req ID: PCC-US.224066
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: :51:15
Under the direction of the Quality Manager participate in operation of quality control program designed to meet all customer and third party requirements, and internal goals established by plant management. This program consists of managing and establishing check points in all operations of the quality system in all the departments, and the auditing procedure and frequency to insure conformance to established procedures. This program will identify trends and recommend corrective action. In addition, areas of excessive cost due to rework, welding or other similar operations will be identified for corrective action. This position is also responsible for managing the selection, control and monitoring of all suppliers of controlled raw materials and processes. Develop and ensure quality systems for purchasing, end use departments, and suppliers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Reviews drawings and related specification on new programs. Inform Engineering of quality requirements to insure conformance of initial samples and subsequent production. Directs the preparation of the Inspection Method Sheet and other customer required documentation to insure timely customer approval of initial submission.
• Manages individual customer self-release programs including procedure preparation and maintenance, purchase order/control review, inspection of parts (audit/sampling) for conformance to requirements, direct contact with customer representatives and handling any customer returns/complaints.
• Investigates quality complaints from customers and establish corrective action by working with Engineering and Production Departments as required
• Assure PCC supplier control systems meet all aspects of customer and regulatory agencies contractual requirements and assure flow down and acknowledgment of requirements.
• Lead the administration and continual improvement of the PCC Quality systems and procedures pertaining to the quality requirements for the purchase of controlled materials and services.
• Design and coordinate effective system improvements to evaluate, assess risk and select suppliers based on their ability to supply product in accordance with PCCs requirements and develop strategies necessary to mitigate the risks as necessary and to enhance overall supplier performance.
• Develop audit strategies for evaluation and verification of quality systems at all suppliers. Interface with PCC Purchasing Supplier Development Group on common issues.
• Perform and /or coordinate Quality System surveys for the qualification and re-evaluation of suppliers in conjunction with PCC Purchasing and Engineering.
• Administer and maintain the Division supplier approval data base.
• Develop and administer Supplier performance metrics for receipt, inspection and analysis of controlled materials and services.
• Generate and / or coordinate the creation of PCC purchasing specifications for purchased services and /or materials as directed by Division leadership.
• Issue, monitor and coordinate supplier corrective actions as required.
• Performs other duties of varying complexity as assigned.
• Requires BS degree in Engineering Science with 3-5 years experience in Supplier Quality Control, Quality Engineering, OR equivalent experience.
• IS0 / AS9100 Certified Lead Assessor training preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings and specifications
• Strong statistical and problem solving skills.
• Broad general knowledge of materials science engineering manufacturing processes and investment casting technology.
• Knowledge and demonstrated ability in engineering principles and disciplines; employed manufacturing processes, technical report and article preparation, specification preparation; ability to define, plan and complete major projects, ability to supervise/ direct/ coordinate activities of professionals with diverse expertise.
• Excellent communication skills verbal and written. Capable of interacting with various levels of the organization. Must demonstrate a high degree of objectivity and integrity in the evaluation of people and problems.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.