6 months ago
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
This position ensures maximum cost effectiveness and reliability of manufacturing processes and methods at the supply base. Engages the suppliers in determining best methods of manufacture for intricate and/or complex products and machine parts and assemblies. Works with supply base to identify continuous improvement ideas and/or processes to promote cost reductions, product reliability and/or throughput reductions.
1. Refines and enhances supplier’s processes by applying and training continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical customer programs.
2. Leads division strategic procurement team in developing and maintaining Continuous Improvement Initiatives by applying thorough knowledge of Kaizen, process capability, LPD, global sourcing, work transfer and other lean manufacturing principles.
3. Aids supplier manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout while working with suppliers to develop “design for cost” manufacturing plans.
4. Assists suppliers in training and developing detailed plans outlining manufacturing processes on new development programs.
5. Works with the Division Lean Leader to develop and maintain continuous improvement curricula and process improvements by applying thorough knowledge of Kaizen and other lean manufacturing principles to the value stream process.
6. Shares specialized knowledge with suppliers and/or supplier employees. Will train or mentor Parker employees and/or supplier employees as needed. Represents the company on specific projects. Prepares and conducts technical presentations on selected topics. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross functional or project team responsibilities.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering, Manufacturing or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the fields listed below. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 6 or more years of increasingly responsibly related continuous improvement, manufacturing engineering and or procurement experience utilizing lean manufacturing principles, total quality and problem solving tools.
Experience in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint ,Project® and Word®.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of manufacturing and production engineering theories, principles, practices, techniques and concepts and broad knowledge of other related engineering areas and general business operations.
Knowledge of aerospace or similar industry products and special processes and ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement and lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques.
Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools. Knowledge of CAD/CAM systems, 3D modeling, or other computer-aided manufacturing systems.
Ability to work on a variety of technical problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes may require negotiations with suppliers. Ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination between suppliers and the value stream teams.
Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects at the supply base.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, technical policies and recommend changes to process procedures; effectively communicate and present information to value stream team members and top management.
Besides manufacturing engineering experience, a demonstrated proficiency and past experience in one or more of the following fields is required:
1. Lean Enterprise
2. Industrial Engineering
3. Quality Engineering
4. Design and/or Product Engineering
5. Shop Floor Operations
6. Tool & Design Fabrication
Must have proven people skills to function as a team member in a multi skilled, dynamic business environment. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with multiple personalities across a wide set of tiers in the supply chain.
Demonstrates strong leadership skills required to effect the significant and sustainable changes that are required for the continued success of the division’s supply chain management strategies. Must have good coaching and facilitating skills.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk and listen. Specific vision abilities required by this job including close vision. Other requirements include regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. Overnight and long distance travel to suppliers, customers and/or other Parker divisions may be necessary. The employee is occasionally required to move or carry computer equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)