4 months ago
Supplier Development Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Use your knowledge of manufacturing engineering fundamentals to help Honeywell Aerospace deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. This is an entry level position for a Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) working in the Global Sourcing and Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering organization. The position will work under general supervision and along the side of some of the world's most talented engineers. The position will work in a team environment as a technical resource to support the development of new supply sources and to improve existing supplier capabilities. Responsibilities will include cross-functional program management to qualify and develop new suppliers, support systemic supplier improvement, and assessing suppliers to ensure process conformance. The potential candidate must have technical understanding in manufacturing engineering processes and have some experience with problem-solving tools.
The position reports directly to the Supplier Development Engineering Manager and must be located or willing to relocate to one of the major Honeywell Aerospace hub sites in North America. The Aerospace hubs are located at Phoenix, Arizona; Torrance, California; Clearwater, Florida; Morris Plains, New Jersey; South Bend, Indiana, or Minneapolis, Minnesota.
* Interface with Global Sourcing teams to prioritize supplier development needs by commodity to improve cost competitiveness or supply constraints.
* Research external market information and entrepreneurial companies to identify potential sources and suppliers.
* Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes.
* Assess new and existing supplier technical capabilities and capacity.
* Drive supplier improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and supplier assessments.
* Ensure supplier compliance while driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver performance.
* Track the supplier’s performance indicators, based on their scorecards and rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed defined expectations.
* Develop positive relationships and work closely with Global Sourcing leaders to manage, implement and track supplier/engineering, design changes, capacity studies, New Product Introductions (NPI), and transitions.
Interface with Global Sourcing teams
Research external market information
Drive supplier selection
Drive improvements utilizing Lean methodologies
Track the supplier’s performance indicators
* Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Composite/Material Science, or related Engineering discipline
* 0-5 Years Manufacturing Experience
* Must be able to read engineering mechanical drawings and assess for manufacturing capabilities.
* Must have excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation.
* Ability to travel between company Sites and suppliers as required.
* Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering internship/experience.
* Product knowledge in mechanical/electrical components.
* Knowledge of castings and machining processes.
* Ability to interact with people on the production floor, good social skills, and able to work with diverse work groups.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to be “hands-on” and roll up sleeves to work in a manufacturing and office environment.
* Computer skills with Excel, Power Point and SAP.
* Proficiency in project management skills with the ability to close initiatives on time.
* Green Belt, DFSS, Black Belt, Lean certification.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* Some Travel Required
* Continued Professional Development
* 1st Shift
* Job ID: HRD57041
* Category: Procurement
* Location: 115 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 USA
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.