3 months ago
Supervisor/Team Leader, Operations Engineering
Location : Location
# of Openings
3 months ago(7/24/2019 1:17 PM)
Year after year, Kaman delivers technical breakthroughs and innovative solutions for our customers. We do this by acquiring new technologies, expanding facilities, developing R&D capabilities and investing in our employees. As technology advances and industry shifts, Kaman will always be a place where people can come together and make a difference.
Invested in our Future Together
Work under the general direction of the Operations Engineering Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of assigned employees to meet all deliverables on all assigned programs. Plan, lead and supervise assigned functions within the Operations Engineering Group necessary to support all technical issues on assigned programs. Actively manage a defined work scope, including hard and soft deliverables, within a defined budget and time frame, in accordance with contractual and other related requirements such as design updates, procurement regulations, program requirements, cost control/budgets, engineering change control, environmental compliance and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform a wide range of overseeing engineering and test operations, including all related technical aspects of the program to meet program objectives. Responsible for assigned program budgets, estimates to complete and compliance to engineering related requirements and procedures.
* Establish and maintain metrics that track performance to the requirements in schedule, cost and continued application of lean enterprise to make continuous improvements in all areas.
* Determine needs and provide justification on production tooling upgrades and changes. Identify and address engineering related issues in the production process; assist in the development and implementation of resolution and prevention.
* Establish and maintain effective communication within and between functional groups/management to address problems and obtain resolution. Plan and determine manpower requirements based on forecasts. Plan and monitor cost control by scheduling appropriate use of manpower through the balancing of production needs with overtime requirements. Oversee the development and revision of assembly and production procedures.
* Solicit information and status from assigned operations engineering personnel, and act, if necessary, to coordinate and rectify any engineering related issues. Provide direction on program related issues, to assigned Operations Engineers, and work with functional and program management to resolve any prioritization issues. Make decisions for the Engineering functional group to execute a common goal or series of goals by balancing program constraints such as: schedule, budget, scope, risk, quality and resources. The primary point of contact on all engineering related program/project issues and single point accountability, working with PM and Operations Management on all project related issues.
* Maintain high standard of performance expectations from employees through appropriate evaluations and training such that the assigned functions demonstrate continuous improvement and compliance to standards. Assists in Performance Appraisals and provide input for merit increase. Maintain properly cross-trained staff to support production needs in accordance with company policy.
* Assure coordination and integration of workflow with continuous improvement through lean activities. Support all environmental and safety standards. Set standards for a safe work environment and provide leadership in the prevention of damaged goods. Provide operations engineering functions in support of, contractual data requirements list (CDRL) items, periodic customer reviews, engineering change proposals, waivers/deviations, non-conforming material and procurement quality flow-down required to satisfy customer requirements for scheduled shipments.
* Other duties as assigned. This position is a mix of hands on and supervisory responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
* 5+ years experience required
* supervisory experience preferred
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).