7 months ago
Compass Airlines is seeking a Supervisor, Stores to join our team at our San Jose, California location. We have an immediate opening for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Oversees the daily operation of supply chain management including shipping, receiving, inventory control and material movement, along with the supervision of all Stores personnel assigned to the operation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Supervise daily operations of the material stockroom
* Administer assignments/tasks to the team and establish workload priorities to support operational needs
* Ensure material inspections and handling is in compliance with FAA directive and regulations, as well as Compass guidelines
* Ensure company parts and equipment are properly handled and accounted for and movement of materials is completed in a timely manner
* Observe computer system transactions related to inventory movement and stock locations
* Enforce good housekeeping and safety practices
* Provide team briefings to stock clerks to insure they are continuously informed of company and department procedures and policy changes
* Perform other duties as assigned
Required Job Qualifications
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
United States citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
Valid Driver’s License
* Knowledge of shipping limitations as outlined in the IATA and 49 CFR materials
* Must be willing to work days, evenings, midnights, weekends and holidays
* Must be willing to work extended hours as the operation may require
Required Physical Demands
Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
Preferred Job Qualifications
* Associates Degree with a business or aviation background and/or equivalent work experience in airport activities or a technically specific area
* Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
* Experience with Compass policies and procedures
* In-depth knowledge of storeroom operations and aircraft parts
* Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and complete them in a timely manner
* Excellent team leadership and communications skills
* Ability to develop and motivate personnel including coaching and counseling, administering disciplinary action, preforming investigations and attendance control
* Ability to make decisions and assume responsibilities
* Excellent organizational skills, including project management techniques
Job Description Disclaimer
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should use the “Apply for this Position" button below. All submissions must include salary requirements. Local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance provided. Please reference posting number in all correspondence.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
Candidates must agree to submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.