12 months ago
Location: Integrated Operations Ctr (DFW-IOC0)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 20017
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Planning Team within the Integrated Operations Team. This position will be responsible for providing direct supervision to Planners regarding company policy/procedures. Coordinates with Maintenance, Maintenance Control, Technical Purchasing, Vendor Administration, Material Planning, Warehousing and other Technical Operation Departments to manage material shortages related to out of service, work stoppage and critical aircraft. This job also ensures Planners are effectively managing material requirements, locating, securing and shipping with consideration for location, material suppliers, cost, and transportation alternatives to support the out of service or work stoppage aircraft.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
* Provides leadership, direction, and development to the Planner to ensure they are accountable for their duties, responsibilities, and actions to identify, communicate, and solve problems within the area
* Assists with defining the strategy, goals, objectives and requirements for the departments
* Ensures Planners are determining the most effective actions to route aircraft materials in the event of material failure under strict time limitations
* Manages the tracking log to ensure accuracy of data
* Promotes serviceability, airworthiness and effective distribution of spares
* Maintains records for control of all sales, borrows and loans including Inter-Airlines Pooling
* Maintains records for control of all robbed parts
* Provides liaison with Maintenance Planning, the various Material Planners, MOC and other operating groups in all matters relating to aircraft logistic support
* Responsible for employee schedules. Administrate sick and vacation time, overtime and OSHA Occupational Injury Reports. Administrate attendance program and records
* Advises employees of all procedural changes and gives information relating to their job by use of crew meetings. Personnel suggestions and complaints are to be solicited and followed up
About The Job (Continued)
* Responsible for on-the-job training of employees and recommends and/or implements work simplification systems
* Administers the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Promotes harmonious working relationships within the department
* Leads the workforce. Evaluates performance and provides feedback. Conducts probationary progress reports on all new employees during their probationary period to advise them of their progress and performance
* Performs any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned in order to achieve department and Company objectives
* Must be willing to work weekends and various shifts
* Must be able to work in stressful situations during peak operations
* Must be able to work various shifts (Day, Nights, Weekends and Holidays) in a 24/7 environment
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience/training
* 3 years experience in Aircraft Maintenance Planning environment
* 3 years verifiable hands-on experience spent in supply chain, repair, maintenance, overhaul, or manufacture of aircraft with a gross weight in excess of 70,000 lbs. (including fuel) or engines with 15,000 lbs., or more of thrust
* General warehousing and transportation experience
* 3 years experience in an Aircraft Operational environment
* Understanding of maintenance structure, maintenance station capabilities and processes
* Working knowledge of Maintenance Planning Systems (Lamps, Sceptre, DECS, MAPS, AMPS)
* Ability to navigate and work with AA Web based systems (MAPS, ASOM, WebAOG, VIANET)
* Ability to work with employees that are covered by a union collective bargaining agreement
* Understanding of current Maintenance processes including MON/FMR process and Deferral process
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
* Excellent problem-solving skills
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 20017
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Manager, Supply, Supply Chain, Management, Operations, Aviation