5 months ago
Supervisor of Maintenance Control
What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
Monitors and coordinates activities of maintenance controllers to ensure line maintenance performs aircraft maintenance in compliance with FAA, manufacturers and company requirements. Focuses on the safe completion of all aircraft missions by ensuring ATI airplanes are operating at optimal efficiency.
* Monitor and coordinate the Maintenance Control staff and operation
* Through the Maintenance Control staff, monitor and coordinate all maintenance activity on each aircraft on a continuous basis, providing technical assistance and supervision as necessary in order to return each aircraft to service
* Ensure the proper coordination of parts requisitioning and parts shipping information by the Maintenance Control staff
* Through the Maintenance Control Staff, identify chronic non-routine items as the daily pilot reports and maintenance discrepancies are called in
* Manage the MEL and COI Programs and ensure Maintenance Control addresses all deferred maintenance items, carry-over items and chronic problems, in a timely and systematic manner. Review all open deferred items on a daily basis
* Coordinate the accomplishment of routine maintenance, work request items, special projects and/or heavy non-routine jobs
* Review all delays and cancellations in order to help identify preventable contributory factors
* Make specific recommendations to the Director of Maintenance/Manager of Maintenance Control in order to correct deficiencies and improve the maintenance program as they become evident
* Ensure Maintenance Control upholds and communicates work standards, which are in accordance with the General Maintenance Manual, the maintenance program, and FAR requirements
* Coordinate with the Manager of Line Maintenance the movements and positioning of the Maintenance Representatives to ensure adequate coverage at maintenance stations
* Other duties as assigned
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
* Three years of line maintenance experience on Boeing 757/ 767 aircraft.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret ATI manuals, professional journals, technical procedures, and FAA regulations. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and customers when appropriate.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Must successfully deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Airframe and Power Plant license (FAR 121.378a)
* Five (5) years minimum of 121 Operations
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit our website.
This job is available at the following location(s):
* Wilmington, OH