6 months ago
Supervisor, Methods, Q400-TOR04596
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As a Methods Supervisor you will manage a team of Methods Analysts, Engineers and Agents to support the Q-Series business. The successful candidate will report directly to the Q-Series, Manager of Methods.
In your role, you will:
- Lead a portion of the Methods team while integrating with Program and Engineering Change.
- Ensure the team is fully integrated into the Q400 / Q-Series platform resulting in a one team approach.
- Integrate manufacturing requirements and objectives, using an efficient First Article Inspection process to ensure all design change implementation in production will meet the manufacturing and business requirements.
- Integrate with the Change Management organization, provide adequate project schedule, allocation of resources and definition of tooling/processes to allow for a strong change implementation process in the manufacturing environment.
- Manage and support the cross-functional harmonization / implementation of RC and PCR generated changes. Integrate RFC visibility / priorities to impacted stakeholders.
- Establish accountability through governance systems and provide feedback to management on projects and results.
- Support work streams in their schedule creation around PCR, RFC & FTP changes.
- Support initiatives related to Method Management.
- Lead and manage aircraft configuration and reconciliation initiatives.
- Lead, coach and assess employee development and performance.
- Supporting the employees to reach their business and professional development goals.
- Support the Integration of Achieving Excellence System (AES) initiatives.
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a technical post-secondary degree and at least five (5) + years of Bombardier Aerospace work experience in (Engineering/Methods/Quality environment).
- You have experience supervising a team. Preference may be given to candidates who have managed a technical team and or supervised unionized personnel and to individuals with cross-functional experience.
- You have in depth technical knowledge of the Bombardier Manufacturing System, Bombardier Engineering System and the Aircraft and Aircraft Systems; MRB is an asset.
- You have a high-level customer oriented approach with the desire to provide excellent service.
- You must take a positive approach to issues which set an example for the organization.
- You must be able to work independently with a proactive, results oriented and innovative style with a view to continuous business improvement, demonstrating ethics, good judgment and professionalism.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills with the capacity to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Methods Engineer
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 19.03.2019, 10:39:46 AM