10 months ago
Airport Service & Retail Supervisor
Previous Applicants should not re-apply whilst unless you have 2+years supervisory experience as required, you will not be considered for interview.
Please ensure you read this job description fully. Applications will only be accepted for prospective candidates who have fully read and understand this job advert whilst interviews will only proceed for candidates who have completed some back ground research on our company as questions will be asked at interview.
Please confirm in a cover letter with your application that you;
* a) Understand this is not a 9-5 job role
* b) You live within 45 minutes of the Airport
* c) You have fully read the Job description
* d) You have researched this job role and our company in the event you are called for interview.
Skill set: Experienced personnel in retail sales and customer services required.
* Services such as bag wrap, left luggage, lost property, shipping and luggage weighing.
* Luggage retail
Location: Edinburgh Airport
Salary: £16,640 per annum + target driven commission subject to terms and conditions plus company pension
All roles within our organisation are 4am-10pm, 365 days of the year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supervisor with a proven track record of high end retail achievements, along with a strong focus on customer service whilst also driving profitability. Airport experience would be an advantage although not essential.
Responsible To: Base Manager and Assistant Manager
Key Accountability: To maximise profitability through external and internal sales opportunities whilst effectively controlling costs. Bring the brand alive through people, product and environment. Delight customers by enhancing the customer experience. Delivery of Luggage-Point and Airport Passenger Charter.
Relationships with: Customer, colleagues and associates.
* Puts the customer first, smiles, acknowledges and uses appropriate techniques at busy times.
* Recognise different customer types, adapts personal style to build rapport and identifies customer needs and converts sales.
* Handles customer enquiries/complaints effectively and seeks opportunities to enhance the customer experience in what can be a stressful environment.
* Is aware and reacts accordingly to ever changing environment and is active in associated networking.
* Respond to KPI's and service/store performance requests, communicates effectively with team and takes actions to make improvements to service and increase sales.
* Manages stock effectively to maximise sales and prevent loss by monitoring, reviewing, checking and communicating issues whilst ensuring that stock etc is stored in accordance with Luggage-Point and airport guidelines and regulations.
* Is responsible for the security of Company monies and property, therefore ensure all administration and security procedures are followed by self and team and uses information to take preventative actions.
* Maintains a clean and hygienic service area and store, front and back, ensuring it is well organised, safe and complies with legal and internal procedures. Deals with issues appropriately.
* Ensure all team members demonstrate appropriate behaviour and attitudes to meet the needs of the business.
* Identifies and carries out any required training and development.
* Leads by example, inspiring and motivating the team to achieve positive results.
* Communicates knowledgeably about the results and sets clear goals for the team.
* Handles performance by giving constructive feedback, undertaking performance reviews and managing poor performance and conduct issues.
* Plan rotas in advance, whilst utilise information that align to staffing levels to sales expectations and ensures colleagues are available to meet the business needs.
* To carry out any duties as required in the first instance by the Base Manager, in order to support the success of the business.
* Cover Base Manager and all positions if and when required.
Measures of Performance: Performance reviewed regularly against Management objectives and
Key Performance Indicators.
Airport retail hours are extensive requiring shift work including early morning or late hours, own transport may be essential.
Positions offered are subject to satisfactory Criminal Record Checks and 5 year reference requests.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £16,640.00 /year
* Staff Management: 2 years
* Customer Service: 2 years
* Retail Sales: 2 years