3 months ago
Summer Engineering Intern-18002877
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking Summer Interns to join our team in Indianapolis, IN.
This position will assist our Operations and Engineering Teams in Indianapolis to support our specific coating processes that service the aviation/aerospace industries.
* Complete training on safety, process, material, and equipment
* Work closely with atmospheric and chamber coating process teams
* Analyze data and recommend formulation and process changes (as needed)
* Utilize a wide variety of plant equipment and analytical data
* Coordinate with other engineers and technicians to move projects forward
* Reduced sampling. Data analysis to determine if parts qualify and if not what print criteria will need adjusted to improve process capability
* Develop visual standards for tooling
* Failure analysis-look at qc failure data trends
* Assist engineers on graphite cup implantation and qualification in platinum aluminide.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* General knowledge of technical principles and processes
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Ability to contribute in a team environment
* Self-motivated and outgoing nature
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…)
* Major in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science preferred
* Junior or Senior year students preferred
* A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.9/4.0
* Familiarity with basic manufacturing practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.