9 months ago
Subcontract Supplier Manager
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
The sub contract management structure at Global Supply Chain Operations (Ampthill) has four main roles –
* the Supply Chain Programme Lead (SPL) who is is accountable for integrating the outputs of multiple suppliers to achieve programme and business goals,
* the Sub Contract Programme Manager (SPM) who is accountable for managing supplier relationships and multiple very complex contracts to meet multiple programme needs; supported by
* a Supply Chain Administrator (SCA); and
* this role the Sub Contract Manager (SCM) accountable for managing complex contracts potentially to meet multiple programme requirements. Responsibilities include leading any associated multi-functional Subcontract Management Team (SMT).
The post is accountable to the appropriate Supply Chain Programme Lead (SPL) or Programme Manager for ensuring that subcontracts meet programme and contractual requirements
Specific responsibilities may extend across the product life cycle from bid to in service support and include:
* Acting as the LM representative both Internally and Externally for their Subcontracts
* Managing supplier performance to meet Technical, Schedule, Quality and Cost requirements
* Managing risks, opportunities and business dependencies and deliverables
* Managing the subcontract life cycle including but not limited to:
* Initiating and completing the negotiation process in a timely fashion to meet programme requirements in conjunction with the accountable SPL
* Negotiation of the initial subcontract and any subsequent changes
* Configuration control of the subcontract
* Updating the subcontract
* Carrying out subcontract closure
* Ensuring the appropriate terms and conditions are applied at all times
* Ensuring that contract requirements are met in full and ensuring risks impacts are mitigated
* Ensuring that the sub contract schedule and milestones are reflected by, and integrated with, the overall programme schedule
* Completing internal and external reviews (deep dives) on sub-contractor performance as required
* Advising the Supply Chain Programme Lead /Programme Manager M of any issues and risks and acting as the SME for their subcontracts
* Leading the SMT
* Performance reporting to Programme and Business Metrics as part of the Business Rhythm
* Achieving programme and business financial targets
* Communicating with and escalating issues as necessary
* Managing any supplier improvement programme working with the Supply Chain Excellence Manager
* Being a Control Account Manager (if required)
This role has the possibility of flexible working options including the potential to work a proportion of time from home.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. With a significant percentage of LMUK Ampthill’s revenue being subcontracted to key partners and suppliers, the Sub-contracts function is fundamental to business success.
We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that the LMUK Ampthill working pattern is a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Demonstrable success as supply chain professional delivering against requirements for complex subcontracts (build to print - system design to specification)
* Experience in working in multi-functional organisations and a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
* Strong procurement/commercial, business acumen, financial control and analytical skills.
* Capable of identifying and mitigating risks and effective issue resolution.
* Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
* Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
* Confident self-starter, with an ability to innovate and think laterally
* Team player with management skills.
* Very good communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
* Flexibility to travel as required.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Supply chain experience in the defence environment
* Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
* Application of Earned Value Management
* Knowledge of SAP (or similar) ERP systems
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.