about 1 year ago
Subcontract Programme Manager
Specific Job Description
Define the procurement strategy for the Proposal and Executable Programme to deliver enabling works and construction of a SF capability to the Customer at RAF Marham, utilising and following LM processes and procedures.
This role will be based at RAF Marham (Norfolk) for the duration of the Period of Performance with occassional travel to other sites across the UK for Supplier and or Customer meetings.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS ), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
The Subcontract Programme Manager has the following skills and responsibilities:
* Subcontract Program Management or Program/Project Management Experience
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Self starter - works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
* Problem solving - provides technical solutions to a wide variety of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
* Liaison capability - Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
* Strategically aware – Contributes to the strategic direction and completion of specific programs and projects, through sourcing strategy and supplier positioning.
* Risk and Opportunity management experience
* Ability to manage and control scope using change control processes
* Subcontract management and negotiation experience with supplier performance analysis skill set
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task (position will include program execution and proposal support efforts) across multiple programs/platforms
* Experience of creating schedules and managing internal and external parties to the schedule
* Excellent oral & written communication skills
* Commercial awareness
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Construction contracting experience
* Recognised Project Management qualifications
* Previous experience working with LM Procurement System (P2P)
* Excellent communication skill with the ability to plan, prepare and make presentations.
* Knowledge of Earned Value (EV) techniques
* Engineering lifecycle awareness
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.