3 months ago
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
The sub contract management structure at Global Supply Chain Operations (Ampthill) has three main roles
* The Supply Chain Programme Lead (SPL) responsible for integrating multiple suppliers to meet programme and business needs
* the Sub Contract Programme Manager (SPM) who is accountable for managing supplier relationships and multiple very complex subcontracts to meet multiple programme needs;
* the Sub Contract Manager (SCM) accountable for managing complex subcontracts potentially to meet multiple programme requirements;
* and this role, the Supply Chain Administrator (SCA) which provides support to the SPM and any associated multi-functional Subcontract Management Team (SMT) by managing the commercial aspects of one of more subcontracts.
The post is accountable to the appropriate Subcontract Programme Manager for the effective management of their contracts to ensure commercial requirements are met and that suitable terms and conditions are applied and maintained.
* Working with the SPM to ensure the execution of the subcontract meets the business needs.
For each subcontract:
* Managing the subcontract life cycle including but not limited to:
* Initiating and completing the negotiation process in a timely fashion to meet programme requirements in conjunction with the accountable SPL
* Negotiation of the initial subcontract and any subsequent changes
* Configuration control of the subcontract
* Updating the subcontract
* Carrying out subcontract closure
* Ensuring the appropriate terms and conditions are applied at all times
* Ensuring that subcontract commercial requirements are met
* Supporting internal and external reviews on subcontractor performance as required
* Advising the SPM of any subcontracting issues and risks they identify
* Acting as the commercial SME for their subcontracts
* Supporting and advising SMT members on subcontractor matters
* Exceptionally and by specific agreement only providing the services above to a designated SCM
* Contributing to the continual improvement of the supply chain processes
This role has the possibility of flexible working options including the potential to work a proportion of time from home.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. With a significant percentage of LMUK Ampthill’s revenue being subcontracted to key partners and suppliers, the Sub-contracts function is fundamental to business success.
We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that the LMUK Ampthill working pattern is a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience and proven success as supply chain professional and in managing complex contracts
* Strong commercial and analytical skills
* Experience of establishing and maintaining contractual baselines, developing and implementing terms and conditions and non-disclosure agreements
* Ability to deliver against contractual financial and technical goals
* Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
* Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
* A self-starter, with the ability to innovate and think laterally
* Team player able to work across functions and disciplines.
* Good communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
* Flexibility to travel as required
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Supply chain experience in the defence environment
* Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
* Application of Earned Value Management
* Flexibility to work at different levels of sub contract complexity (off the shelf, build to print, design to specification)
* Knowledge of SAP (or similar) ERP systems
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.