11 months ago
Moog, a manufacturer of highly precise motion control systems, has grown steadily over the years both organically as well as through acquisition, and is now a two and a half billion dollar, complex company with 14,000 employees globally at over 100 sites.
Moog Aircraft Group in East Aurora, NY is looking for Subcontract Administrator (SA) will support execution of government related subcontracts. An understanding of the Defense Acquisition Regulations System (DARS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) and administration of those requirements is an important part of performing this function.
In order to effectively perform this function, the SA should ideally have experience in government contracts, negotiation strategies, knowledge of purchasing system, ability to understand manufacturing processes, the human relations skills to work internally and with suppliers and customers, and the organizational drive to appropriately document fact finding and negotiation activities to meet FAR requirements.
What you’ll work on:
The SA, under the supervision of the Subcontract Manager, will interface with the Program Management Office (PMO) as necessary to support all activities related to the full life cycle support for major military and government contracts.
Major responsibilities by phase include:
* Pre-contract Phase
* Support make-buy reviews
* Request for Proposal document preparation (Statements of Work, Specifications, Special Term and Conditions and Supplier Data Requirements List)
* Identification of program and contract risk and mitigation plans
* Proposal fact finding and evaluation
* Perform price analysis
* Support price/cost analysis (PCA)
* Support price and terms and conditions negotiations
* Prepare procurement package including necessary documentation and approvals
* Contract Administration Phase
* Award the subcontract and enter orders in the Moog Business System
* Monitor supplier performance to contract requirements
* Expedite requirements as necessary
* Maintain reports and status updates
* Act as the focal point for supplier for contract related issues
* Process invoices
* Coordinate the resolution of technical and quality issues
* Participate in all major program reviews
* Support Earned Value Management System (EVMS) audits and reports
* Contract Closeout
* Perform contract closeout
What you’ll need to bring with you:
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Minimum 4 to 5 years of purchasing, subcontract administration and/or negotiation experience
* Understanding of FAR and DFARS requirements as applied to major subcontracts is required. It is also important that the incumbent is able to develop relationships with appropriate management at the subcontractor to be able to influence business objectives (quality, delivery, cost, proposal turnaround time)
Moog’s Aircraft Group has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to Commercial and Military Aircraft Market since the company’s inception in the 1950’s. Bill Moog’s invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today’s modern aircraft. In the 1980’s we led development of flight controls for the B-2, in the 1990’s we developed the flight control system for the X-43 Hyper-X UAV, and today are delivering flight controls for Fighter Aircraft, Rotorcraft, Special Mission, as well as Unmanned Aircraft.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran