8 months ago
Structures Technician (CTH)-PH1825
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Centre offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility with a staff of 16, the facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft and over 235 dedicated employees. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Centre has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 16 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
Bombardier currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Structures Technician based Hartford, CT.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements for factory, shop and/or hanger positions
- Comply with environmental health and safety policies/procedures
- Participate in 5-S activities
- Perform work in a safe and timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Remove / install aircraft components as required
- Fabricate and or modify structural modifications on aircraft parts
- Perform minor structural repairs on composite components either attached or detached
- Assist in conducting hidden damage inspection of aircraft structures
- Assist with complex structural repairs either on or off aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist maintenance at off-site locations
- May assist in towing aircraft
- May assist other other maintenance disciplines
As our ideal candidate,
- You typically have 0-2 years of structural sheet metal repair / modification experience or substantiated similar experience
- You have sheet metal aircraft technical school or equivalent schooling
- You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory and control of tools
- You have the ability to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment (GSE) qualifications as required
- You are able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You are able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
- You have basic PC skills
- You have experience on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft - preferred
- You have an A Certification, A&P Certificate or Repairman Certificate - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Customer Service
Primary Location: US-CT-Hartford
Zip Code US 06096
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 13.07.2018, 3:18:59 PM