5 months ago
Structures Technician (CTH)-DAL00828
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Dallas Service Center is centrally located at Love Field Airport, and is the home of the Service Center Network headquarters. With its dedicated staff of over 110, the facility features 100,000 sq ft of space and is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled heavy maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Canada, Brazil, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Mexico and South Africa.
Bombardier currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Structures Technician based Dallas, TX.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements for factory, shop and/or hanger positions
- Comply with environmental health and safety policies/procedures
- Participate in 5-S activities
- Perform work in a safe and timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Remove / install aircraft components as required
- Fabricate and or modify structural modifications on aircraft parts
- Perform minor structural repairs on composite components either attached or detached
- Assist in conducting hidden damage inspection of aircraft structures
- Assist with complex structural repairs either on or off aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist maintenance at off-site locations
- May assist in towing aircraft
- May assist other other maintenance disciplines
As our ideal candidate,
- You typically have 0-2 years of structural sheet metal repair / modification experience or substantiated similar experience
- You have sheet metal aircraft technical school or equivalent schooling
- You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory and control of tools
- You have the ability to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment (GSE) qualifications as required
- You are able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You are able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
- You have basic PC skills
- You have experience on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft - preferred
- You have an A Certification, A&P Certificate or Repairman Certificate - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Customer Service
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas
Zip Code US 75211
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 13.07.2018, 12:46:44 PM