Airbus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations as an Equal Opportunity Employer to applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete your application, please contact us at
Airbus Commercial Aircraft is looking for a Structures Quality Inspector to join our Final Assembly Line Based in Mobile, AL.
You will be part of a team delivering quality inspections. As part of the production process team, you will be involved in production aiming at aircraft structural assemblies and components.
Your working environment:
- Nearby on ‘Airbus Way’ you will find the Airbus U.S. Manufacturing Facility for commercial aircraft. Opened at the Mobile Aeroplex at Brookley in 2015, the facility produces A320 Family aircraft and added a second product line for the A220 in 2019. The facility, which strengthens the U.S. aerospace industry, is part of Airbus’ strategy to enhance its global competitiveness by meeting the growing needs of its customers in the United States and beyond.
How we care for you:
- Financial Rewards: Competitive base salary, incentive compensation which may include profit sharing schemes, retirement savings plan and the ability to participate in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”)
- Work/Life Balance: Paid time off including personal time, holidays and a generous paid parental leave program.
- Health & Welfare: Comprehensive insurance coverage including medical (traditional and high-deductible health plans), prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, Employee Assistance Plan (“EAP”) and other supplemental benefit coverages.
- Individual Development: Upskilling and development opportunities through our global Leadership University, including unlimited access to 10,000+ e-learning courses focusing on ways to develop your employability, certifications, career path as well as the opportunity to participate in accelerated development programmes and both national and international mobility.
Meet the team:
- The team at the Airbus U.S. Manufacturing facilities help assemble the finest aircraft in the world, along two (soon to be three) production lines for the A220 and A320 Family aircraft. On the shop floor you’ll be surrounded by individuals who are passionate about aviation and skilled in areas like electrical, structure and quality. Join our team and help build the next generation of aircraft.
- Implement technical inspections in production of the aircraft in context of the authorization of manufacturer operation.
- Prepare and perform visual, incoming, first article, final inspections during aircraft manufacture for compliance with design specifications, customers and certification requirements.
- Detail the technical inspections performed in the FLEXNET/NCMS/SAP production orders SAP-based and the relevant IT systems by inspection remarks and complete other aircraft documents as well as prepare first article inspection reports.
- Support fixing, Functional Test Procedures(FTPs) and participate in Quality Survey requests.
- Compile all technical data of non-conformance in order to launch the NCMS-based quality discrepancy sheets for the professional assessment in accordance with the manufacturing engineering documentation.
Your boarding pass:
- High school diploma /GED
- 3 years of confirmed experience with an emphasis on structural components and assemblies.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Knowledge of drawing systems, inspection plans, and inspection coordination.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and tools used in the production line.
- Handling and use of inspection tools of the length measuring techniques (mechanical, optical, electrical).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, in English which is required operating in a multicultural and multifunctional environment.
Not a 100% match? No worries! Airbus supports your personal growth with customized development solutions.
Take your career to a new level and apply online now!
A full job description will be provided to candidates whom progress to interview stage or any candidate upon request.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Americas, Inc.
Quality Inspection <JF-QU-QC>
Airbus provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training. Airbus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered. Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Airbus reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to .