5 months ago
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
In this role, you will primarily contribute to structural test planning and execution. You will design, build, and test at the coupon, element, component, and full-scale level in order to verify customer requirements and validate analysis, and develop unprecedented design solutions. You will be responsible for leading the development of test plans, test reports and associated test hardware as well as coordination of test execution, non-conformance evaluations, and requirement verification.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Planning, specification, and execution of testing to support composite spacecraft design and verification. Responsibilities to include specification of test methods, definition of test plans and design of associated fixtures and hardware.
* Support of the development of the structural subsystems for the Dream Chaser spacecraft. Responsibilities will include design, analysis, testing, and integration of development and flight hardware.
* Familiarity and experience with fiber reinforced polymer composites is preferred.
* Management of coupon, element and sub-system test programs from concept to completion including data analysis and reporting.
* Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities.
* Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
* Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS INCLUDE
* Understanding of requirements traceability and verification process
* Specification and utilization of load control systems for static load testing
* Project planning, prioritization and scheduling
* Data acquisition and analysis techniques, ability to interpret data and correlate experimental vs analytical results
* Technical documentation, report writing, and presentation of test results
* Work within integrated, multi-disciplinary teams
* Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
ANTICIPATED LABOR UTILIZATION:
* Review Anticipated Labor Utilization as applicable to position as stated in the Business Area Labor Utilization Matrix
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
* Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Requires a BS in Related Field
At least 6 years of experience.
* Familiarity with CAD tools required, experience with NX preferred
* Familiarity and experience with fiber reinforced polymer composites is preferred
* Familiarity with stress analysis including classical and finite element methods preferred
* Familiarity with design of experiments preferred
* Familiarity with NASA and/or FAA testing standards and specifications preferred
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
* Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
* Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasis in rapid prototyping
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC's Responsibility Matrix
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.